At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As a Designer, Architecture, you will have an integral role in developing our retail store portfolio globally. As part of the architecture design studio, you will be working across various store concepts and regions to conceptualise and design experiential luxury retail spaces in line with our brand guidelines and vision. Working across a host of creative functions, furniture, fixtures, finishes as well as built environments and popups/installation experience led spaces, you will be developing creative ideas in very different final landing spaces.
- Researching and developing design ideas across multiple projects at varying scales, creating bodies of work for internal and external approvals and creative discussion
- Communicating design ideas through research, references, and appropriate outputs (sketches, hand-drawings, renders or scale drawings)
- Developing designs independently and sharing for feedback in an open forum to refine and develop ideas and solutions
- Detailing designs using a variety of tools to assist partners, external contractors or specialists
- Developing mood boards to capture and demonstrate ideas and approaches
- Sourcing and utilising innovative materials and techniques, with sustainability, feasibility and maintainability in mind
- Taking ownership of smaller projects under guidance of the Senior Designer
- Seeing opportunities in the market and being able to use creativity to support commercial streams
- Running store layout scenarios and simulations for the store design team
- Managing external studios for DD packs, construction drawings and specialist elements
- Degree level in Architecture or Interior Design
- Relevant practical experience of architecture design within luxury retail
- Proficient in Vectorworks, Autocad and Photoshop
- Technical capability and ability to influence and negotiate confidently with cross-functional partners
- Knowledge of current market trends and competitor approaches
- Well organised, flexible and adaptable
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and share information effectively
- Collaborative team player with strong initiative
- Fluency in English essential
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert