Junior Merchandiser Shoes
- Maison Margiela
- Paris, France
- Closing date
- 30 Apr 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Full Time
- Elaborate seasonal strategic merchandising plan (collection structure, lineplans, benchmark analysis..) focusing on RTW category (Women's / men's)
- Daily follow-up of the collection development steps making sure merchandising requests are fulfilled
- Monitor margin & pricing strategy with the help of finance
- Support all activities related to seasonal sales campaign
- Provide sell-in end of season analysis to help define key areas of improvement for next season
- Conduct all collections performance and seasonal bestsellers analysis for all categories
- Collect post-showroom regional feedbacks (quantitative and qualitative)
- Collect sell-through reports from key wholesale partners by regions
- Creation and daily update of collection tools (databases, showroom tools...)
- Help monitor all other special projects
- Define buying strategy (qualitative & quantitative) together with planning and regions
- Define master order selection & core offer
- Help optimise regions buying strategy making sure of the coherence of the assortment
- Conduct sell-out & best-sellers analysis as requested (weekly, monthly, seasonal)
- Define WW sales strategy & calendar with help of the regions
We are looking for someone with :
- First experience in collection / retail merchandising or buying within the fashion industry
- Knowledge of global market trends, with an understanding of the lifestyles and spending capacity of global luxury contemporary consumers
- Analytical and numerical skills (campaign reporting, benchmark analysis, ad-hoc analysis)
- Pro-active and able to demonstrate initiative to constantly improve the brand
- Excellent organisational and presentation skills
- Excel proficiency
- Fluent in English
- Italian is a plus
Maison Margiela is a fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. The Paris-based house creates womenswear and menswear according to the uniquely unconventional principles imagined by Martin Margiela himself, a philosophy in which deconstruction and heritage go hand in hand to create designs that showcase fashion as an art of meaning rather than a cult of personality. Maison Margiela crosses the fashion spectrum from its ‘Artisanal’ collection, which has held the “Haute Couture” appellation since 2012, through ready-to-wear and accessories.
Maison Margiela became part of OTB in 2002. Along with the group’s sister brands, Margiela continues to push the boundaries of modern fashion while celebrating its unique heritage.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the unique ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process.
Daring and ambiguous, the Maison designs Haute Couture, women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, small leather goods, footwear, fine jewelry, fragrances, interior design and MM6, its contemporary line.
Since the opening of its first boutique in Tokyo in 2000, Maison Margiela has developed a strong online retail presence and boutique network worldwide through signature store design and a unique customer experience. Additionally the brand is present in key department and multibrand stores throughout Europe, the US, and Asia.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert