London-based luxury leather goods brand Métier is looking for a Junior Finance Assistant. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-scaling luxury brand, working on day-to-day financial activities, contribution to month-end & exposure to cross-functional activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day responsibility for the accounting and bookkeeping functions, ensuring books and records are maintained to business and legal requirements.
- Support month-end management accounts process.
- Treasury ownership including Daily Bank Reconciliations, Credit Card Reconciliations (Amex), Payment runs & Cash-flow review – clearly communicating with departments on status.
- Invoicing and reconciling payments from wholesale/B2B/ E-Commerce accounts.
- Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts in timely and accurate manner
- Assist and help drive AR/AP functions to maintain effective cash-flow with a core focus on credit control.
- Help drive change through process improvements and system developments/ implementations.
- Ad-hoc financial duties & reporting
- General office management, such as ordering office supplies,
Key Personal Competencies /Skills
We are a small team so you must be proactive and willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. We are looking for:
- Experience from a similar role, ideally within a Retail/ E-commerce business.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications; Experience using Xero or similar accounting system desirable.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA accredited (partially qualified) or QBE considered.
- Experience using Bright Pearl or exposure similar ERP System
- Exposure to E-Commerce Platforms – Shopify experience desirable
- Accounts Payable, Treasury or Receivable experience
- Data driven and analytical.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly motivated, hardworking, and flexible; comfortable with change