Graphics Designer (Maternity Cover)
- Paul Smith
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire (GB)
- Closing date
- 7 Apr 2023
- Creative - Graphics, Images
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Paul Smith is one of Britain’s leading independent design companies. We champion positivity, curiosity and creativity. These qualities underpin every Paul Smith design, whether it’s a shirt, a shop or a special collaboration. Reaffirming the values that Paul set down in 1970, ‘classic with a twist’ remains the guiding principle of the company. Happily positioned between high fashion and formalwear, while taking reference from both, Paul Smith has always been proud to stand apart.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Graphics Department. The main focus of the role is to assist with all aspects of in-house graphics work for Paul Smith Ltd, working in close collaboration with internal departments and to set briefs.
Please note this role is a Maternity Cover contract for an initial 6 months.
• Assist in the design and production of graphic related work to include promotional material, graphic concepts, special projects etc.
• Check all company logo requirements and all other graphic materials are designed and produced accurately.
• Guarantee all work is produced in an accurate and professional manner and that quality standards are maintained within the set time frame.
• Complete all print jobs and artwork to a high standard and pass onto the Marketing department or any other required destination.
Your Skills and Experience:
• Credible graphics experience working in a busy design studio.
• Able to assist in designing and producing competent graphic related artwork to set time-frames.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
• Knowledge of digital editing, printing techniques and typography would be desirable.
Who you are:
• Highly tuned interpersonal skills with clear and concise written and verbal skills.
• Highly systematic and well organised with the ability to prioritise own workload to meet set deadlines.
• Ability to produce excellent accurate and detailed artwork, working with design programmes.
• Creative flair with the ability to assess complementary themes and spatial awareness.
• Strong ability to deal with people at all levels and build effective internal and external working relationships.
What’s in it for you:
• A generous Clothing Allowance.
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods.
• Hybrid working with flexi-time.
• An annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus Bank Holidays.
• Cycle to work and travel loan schemes.
• Holiday trading.
At Paul Smith, we celebrate and encourage applications from all walks of life into our growing workforce. We are committed to empowering people from any background, belief system, or ethnicity, offering an inclusive environment where talent is recognised and valued.
Please note, this role requires that you submit an online link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples, this should be available for at least 4 weeks after the advert closing date.
Paul Smith is Britain’s foremost designer. He is renowned for his creative aesthetic, which combines tradition and modernity.
- 0115 968 5904
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert