Mgr, Technical Design (Denim/Sportwear) - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 1 Jul 2023
This position is responsible for managing, leading and developing the Technical Design teams for one or more departments and maintaining partnerships with all cross-functional teams. Takes a leadership role in ensuring brand specifications and fit standards are maintained for all garments as appropriate by Brand. This includes overall silhouette, consistency of fit, high standards of quality and detail, and overall execution by vendors. Develops vendor relationships through the Technical Design team via daily communications. Enhances processes and procedures currently in place, develop and implement new strategies, as business needs change. Ensures brand integrity through keeping the customer top of mind.
- Partners with design and merchant's teams to be able to provide relevant, stylish, and well-fitting product to our customer.
- Provides and/or develop block/sloper measurements and construction techniques to ensure consistency of fit and quality.
- Reviews and revises comprehensive construction standards and grade rule specifications; evaluates current practices and initiates new procedures in order to streamline workflow.
- Ensures Product Lifecycle Calendar dates are met for Development and Garment Fit Approval; Maintains accurate records for departments under auspice.
- Partners with vendors in the resolution of problems as necessary to maintain standards and timelines.
- Assigns duties and work schedules, and manages the work of the department; evaluates job performance and develops associates,
- Leads and/or coaches' team during fit sessions, partnering team on product and fit adjustments, proposed corrections, and final grading; anticipates and resolves any problems with the fit process
- May execute tech packs from Development to PP of assigned departments and additional product classifications as directed.
- May manage vendor onboarding training and extranet updates.
- May be assigned an annual department goal to lead to completion.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; in Fashion Design a plus
- 7+ years in the apparel industry required
- Detail oriented with ability to drive to completion with strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of garment manufacturing process required
- Good understanding of fit, balance, pattern, and garment construction, fabrics and fabric performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective team building skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite required
- Working knowledge of Web based applications, i.e. FLEX PLM or comparable software required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for apparel business and ability to work effectively as a team player
- Knowledge of pattern software preferred (2D/3D, Optitex, CLO, Brozwear)
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert