Sr Accessories Product Developer - Spanish Speaker
- SW6 7AF, London (Greater)
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Closing date
- 28 Apr 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our team is growing fast and we are looking for a Senior Product Developer, who will have the main responsibility for the product development and coordinating the sample production of products within the timings established, maintaining DeMellier’s quality standards. You will follow each collection in order to achieve the main targets and objectives in terms of quality, lead time, margin and cost.
Development & Critical Path
• Develop product for all Collections (4 Collections per year + Capsule Collections).
• Responsible for ensuring all samples are developed to targeted deadlines, with the desired aesthetic and following DeMellier’s quality standards.
• Responsible for accurate Prototypes, SMS & PPS requests and follow up with factories/suppliers.
• Communicate timeline conflicts, quality risks, changes, and action items daily.
• Recommend enhancements, construction, and material options to elevate our brand, hitting financial requirements.
• Review with the factory all new developments & materials to ensure there is not issue with mass production of those styles / materials.
• Prepare Production Handover meeting.
• Identify and communicate any quality control concerns and implement processes to ensure that our products are of the highest quality and standards.
• Identification and implementation of key growth areas and initiatives in terms of sustainability to develop product sustainability roadmap.
• Schedule fitting meetings to ensure milestones are met.
• Travelling to factories and fairs when needed.
Costing, systems & tools
• Accountable for the accuracy of for Tech Packs and BOMs sent out to factories & input in Zedonk.
• Prepare open cost files and send them to the factory.
• Accountable for providing clarity on current sampling, shipment status and budget status:
§ Keep updated the WIP file (incl shipment tracker)
§ Input all Invoices on the Budget Tracker file
• Accountable for all the information entered in Zedonk & Sales Training Packs.
• Develop effective working relationships with suppliers and effectively communicate with cross-functional teams, ensuring information flows between all actors of the process.
• Work closely with the Design & Production team to ensure all the deadlines in the Critical Path are met.
• Manage all day-to-day communication with factories and suppliers.
• Do performance reviews, and recommendations on improvements on factories in regards to product development
The Ideal Candidate
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Fluent in Spanish is a must. Italian would be a plus and highly appreciated
• Excellent organizational planning skills. Highly organised.
• Solution orientated – problem solver, flexible, adaptable & resilient
• Ability to work well under pressure, and meet critical deadlines
• Understanding and alignment with the DeMellier aesthetic
• Experience of working close to production and international factories
• The ability to take initiative and to prioritize work tasks
• People skills and tact. Positive attitude & team player.
• Strong IT skills including Office & Illustrator.
• Knowledge of Zedonk would be a plus
DeMellier is a London-based fast-growing designer handbag brand with strong values at heart. Awarded twice by the British Luxury Association WALPOLE, recognising its commitment to innovation, craftsmanship and the highest standards of quality. DeMellier handbags have become a favourite among strong women all over the world, including celebrities such as Beyonce, Emily Blunt, January Jones, Kristen Bell and Lily Collins among others.
In addition to its direct-to-consumer business, DeMellier is stocked in leading department stores such as Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Matchesfashion, Le Bon Marche and Lane Crawford among others.
- 0207 730 9411
20 Hammersmith Broadway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert