Communications Associate - North America
- Veja NA
- New York City, New York (US)
- Closing date
- 28 Apr 2023
- PR & Communications
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Since 2005, VEJA has been creating sneakers in a different way, mixing social projects, economic justice, and ecological materials. VEJA uses Brazilian and Peruvian organic cotton for the canvas and laces, Amazonian rubber for the soles, and various innovative materials from recycled plastic bottles or recycled polyester. VEJA sneakers are produced in high-standard factories in Brazil.
VEJA is currently looking for a Communications Associate to join our growing team in North America. Our North America office is based in New York City and offers a hybrid work environment.
This role will work cross-functionally between the North America team and the global communications team with headquarters located in Paris, France. The role will duly report to the North America COO and the Global Communications Director.
• Ensure all brand and product knowledge materials are current and all team members are trained on an ongoing basis in conjunction with management for both wholesale and retail teams
• Manage the seasonal product launch calendar and events that surround with Paris HQ, proactively communicate with North America team
• Provide seasonal reports to both HQ and local PR agency regarding wholesale partner distribution, and both retail and wholesale sell-in and sell-out
• Distribute monthly press and influencer reports to the North America team
• Partner with HQ for retail store events including not limited to launch parties, press previews, collaborations, etc.
• Manage in-store visual communications with HQ, i.e. window installs, product launch displays, etc.
• Manage Google reviews for the retail store(s), proactively respond and offer solutions as needed
• Develop and execute brand communication tools for wholesale partners, i.e. B2B VEJA newsletter, VEJA look book imagery, VEJA press updates, etc.
• Plan seasonal events with key wholesale partners to further educate customers on the VEJA project and brand, in both NYC and on-site with wholesale partners
• Support wholesale team with project and brand trainings for key retail partners to further educate customers on the VEJA project and brand
• Act as at the point person for tradeshow display and communication, working with both the local North America team and HQ
• Develop in-store trade marketing materials for wholesale customers as needed
• Research relevant conferences and or panels that VEJA can participate; establish contacts with local universities to initiate opportunities to work together
• Commitment to the VEJA Project and vision; passionate about fair-trade brands.
• 2-3 years prior experience in a similar communications role with a likeminded fashion brand, public relations, or event planning agency, or non-profit organization.
• Clear and concise communication skills that must be able to work collaboratively with the North America team and HQ, as well as various external partners.
• Ability to confidently speak about the VEJA Project, both internally and externally. Must be comfortable speaking to groups of 30+ individuals.
• Ability to work independently with strong sense of initiative and positive, proactive approach
• Highly organized and detail oriented, ability to pivot priorities and adapt to a fast-growing organization
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google
• Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time, both domestically and internationally.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or similar study, French speaker is a plus
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert