Vice President, Shopper Experience, Calvin Klein Asia Pacific
- Calvin Klein
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
- Director / President / C Suite
- Full Time
This position oversees Calvin Klein's Shopper Experience function in Asia Pacific, integrating store design, development and visual merchandising to bring to life a holistic, best-in-class brand experience to our consumers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Lead and seamlessly integrate CK APAC Store Design/development and Visual Merchandising functions, transforming consumer experience with best-in-class store design, navigation, product storytelling and consumer interaction, synchronizing the 360 consumer journey to deepen consumer engagement, increase brand affinity and drive conversion. Responsible for shopper experience in all CK business channels across the region.
- Member of the CK APAC GTM Leadership team. Collaborate with key GTM and other regional functions (e.g., Merchandising, Sales, markets, etc.) to develop and implement shopper experience strategies, delivering holistic brand experience across all touchpoints, including but not limited to retail stores, pop-ups, outposts, events, in-store and OTO activations.
- Innovate and challenge the traditional notion of store experience, focusing on consumers particularly Gen Z to build an inspiring and immersive retail environment that exudes the brand DNA and connect with consumers on an emotional level.
- Key conduit with CK Global Store Planning and VM functions. Provide market insights, competitive trends and input to global concept development and decision-making.
- Drive store design and VM innovations, merging visual, physical and virtual to create a CK world
- Drive excellence in store concept, design and build-out. Oversee all related responsibilities: vendor/supplier network building and management, procurement of fixtures and materials, store build-out, optimizing cost saving and material innovations, budget control and timely project delivery. Similarly, elevate Visual Merchandising design and execution, including window, product presentation and in-store storytelling and experience.
- Deliver operational efficiencies through meticulous execution, on-time delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Coach, mentor and upskill the Shopper Experience team.
- Establish, measure and continuously improve on departmental KPI's as well as those associated with the consumer journey.
CREATIVITY: high degree of aesthetics; interest in trends, lifestyles, competitors and media. Pushes boundaries on innovations and introduction of new ideas. Effectively brings ideas to reality to delight our customers.
TEAMWORK: Able to work in matrixed environment. Builds effective working relationships across organization and cultures; collaborates toward deadlines and deliverables. Able to communicate and influence effectively, in person or virtually.
ORGANIZING: Works according to defined schedules; owns accountability; manages and tracks progress. Seeks out/advocates for resources to get things done; able to multi-task and adept at managing competing priorities.
ENVIRONMENT: Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented setting; interface with Global and local markets.
- Experienced at VP level with passion for/understanding of fashion industry and trends.
- Successful track record in regional/global leadership roles with proven results. Experienced in successfully leading a regional business built on a diverse portfolio of business models and KPI's.
- Strong competencies in store design, architecture, luxury codes and aesthetics; consumer centric, track record of developing complete and compelling OTO consumer journey.
- A stronger communicator and attentive listener. Demonstrated ability to set and communicate a clear vision and to drive results.
- Global mind-set with local market awareness and sensitivity.
- Creative thinker, overreaching dreamer with an entrepreneurial spirit. Laser sharp focus on delighting customers and driving retail excellence.
- Collaborative with ability to work across functions and in concert with region and global counterparts.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 15+ years relevant experience and proven success in lifestyle businesses (e.g., fashion apparel, accessories, footwear, underwear, sports, beauty, etc.)
- Preferably with international/global experience, with 5+ years within the APAC region, especially China.
- Demonstrates past success/KPI's through implementing business strategies with creative solutions.
- BA/ BS required, preferably in Architecture, Creative Visual Arts
- Proven leadership skills; able to successfully navigate matrixed organization and collaborate for success.
- Strong project management and negotiation skills to optimize vendor/procurement efficiencies.
- Intellect and poise. Able to inspire and influence all levels of the organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and test-and-learn mentality.
- Data savvy and consumer insight based approach. KPI driven.
For five decades, CALVIN KLEIN has been a cultural catalyst, creating a legacy of iconic imagery and provocative conversation while retaining its American DNA and youth-inspired designs. Our associates are a group of talented individuals with unique personalities and perspectives. At CALVIN KLEIN, we take risks, embrace differences and strive to make a positive impact on the world. Above all, we care passionately for the brand, our customer and each other. Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, CALVIN KLEIN is one of the world’s largest and most successful designer fashion brands. We are driven by our associates, creating one of the most visionary workforces in fashion. We are proud of who we are, what we do, and the future we are creating. Global retail sales of CALVIN KLEIN products exceeded $8 billion in 2017, and CALVIN KLEIN branded products are distributed in 110+ countries. CALVIN KLEIN employs a worldwide network of over 10,000 associates and operates more than 2,000 free-standing stores globally. Calvin Klein, Inc. was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003.
- 020 589 9888
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert