Assistant Store Manager, Tommy Hilifger - Limerick (Mat Cover - FTC)
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Limerick, Ireland
- Closing date
- 9 Jun 2023
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Full Time
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
About THE ROLE
Our stores are the life and soul of our business. They act as our main touch points with our ever evolving consumer base. As the world of retail evolves, we, as a business, believe that for all other parts of the chain to work, our stores must set the tone of what our two brands are all about. Irrespective of where our consumers eventually make a purchase, our stores, are always a window to our great brands. As a result our locations are paramount, the first class experience must be a given and our in-store standards should never be questionable.
To deliver this, we strive to hire the individuals who live and breathe the values of our business; who are obsessed with delivering great service to our customers and who truly believe that to remain relevant in today's world, we must be nimble and adapt to change and evolution.
The Assistant Store Manager plays a key role in achieving these standards, they lead by example, embrace our entrepreneurial spirit and inspire their teams through their passion and belief in our brands.
- Leading the store teams to generate sales, profit, minimise losses, and create the best possible customer experience whilst ensuring the store is visually distinctive and impeccably maintained.
- Identify opportunities to grow the business and improve performance through collaborating with others.
- Maintain corporate visual merchandising directives and standards for sales floor and back room.
- Work alongside the visual merchandising team to ensure that there is clear communication and understanding between VM and store teams.
- Partner with store management team to build on business opportunities and achieve company standards and objectives.
- Focus staff on the importance of quality of relationships with internal and external customers. Ensure accountability of staff in building a repeat customer base by providing all customers with unparalleled spirited service.
- Complete daily/weekly store walkthroughs; evaluate product performance, pricing, staff service levels and inventory levels.
- Communicate to the Store Manager what is driving sales and discuss any issues/priorities, in order to develop strategies to maximise business. Ensure they are weekly visual presentation action plans.
- Analyse store level reports and create action plans to improve results.
- Assist with the manpower planning, identification, recruitment, interviewing and hiring processes; Recruit store personnel with a broad range of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
- Work with the Store Manager to build bench strength for key positions, including possible successors.
- Participate in weekly management meetings alongside other staff meetings.
- Clearly communicate to staff: store and individual sales goals and other key performance expectations; sales results and provide guidance on what is needed to improve performance.
- Providing a great customer journey and achieving exemplary mystery shop results.
- You'll have a minimum of 4 years of progressive retail experience.
- You'll have a minimum 2 years store management experience in the service or retail industry.
- You'll be an effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with ease.
- You'll be a team player who recognises and celebrates the contributions and achievements of others.
- You'll be confident in giving feedback that promotes positive behavioral change.
- You'll have strong people management skills with the ability to resolve conflict and unproductive disagreements.
- You will work well with change, being able to quickly adapt and work with pace.
- You will be energetic and authentic showing a clear presence on the shop floor.
About WHAT WE OFFER
At PVH, we understand that the success of our organisation is directly related to our hardworking and dedicated associates who contribute their time and talents to help make our Company the success it is. That is why we are committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind and flexibility designed to support our associates - both at home and at work.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
TOMMY HILFIGER is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of classic American cool style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS brands, with a breadth of collections including HILFIGER COLLECTION, TOMMY HILFIGER TAILORED, TommyXGigi, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. TOMMY HILFIGER, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 15,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 100 countries and more than 1,800 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the TOMMY HILFIGER brand were US $7.4 billion in 2017.
Stadhouderskade 6 Amsterdam
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert