With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. Position Objective
This position is responsible for supporting the research and development of raw materials for assigned area.Works closely with leaders to drive daily communications with cross functional partners to support the execution of the development process. FunctionalResponsibilities
- Organizes and maintains quality raw materials categories in library of respective area as outlined by policies.
- Builds and updates raw materials library database.
- Assists in resolution of any fabric cost challenges.
- Supports the raw materials development process and calendar in partnership with cross functional team members (CFTs).
- Partners with manager to develop and maintain working relationships with raw materials suppliers globally.
- Assists with the Research & development of gathering raw material assortments according
- Drives ordering of sample yardage and follow up on ITRs.
- Reviews and evaluates supplier time and action calendars.
- Partners with leader and supports the management of on-boarding new raw materials suppliers and appropriate record keeping.
- Assists in the organization of supplier meetings at NSSC.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree required; preferably in Fashion Design or related field
- 3+ years' experience in raw materials research and development or related experience
- Detail oriented and ability to drive to completion with strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced understanding of general raw material process
- Solid raw material construction knowledge
- Clear understanding of raw material manufacturing techniques
- Strong awareness of raw material trend direction, and research & development avenues
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office suite; emphasis in Excel and web-based applications
- Advanced Adobe skills
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.