Regional Manager - Midwest
Become a brand ambassador and be part of a team that works with passion, ambition and expertise to create excellent customer experiences. Be among the first to bring our collections from the runway to the customers! Join our team and explore career opportunities that are tailor-made for you!
The Regional Manager - Midwestis charged with achieving success relating to the sales goals, loss control, P&L planning, and achievement of UPT goals in all of the Directly Operated Stores, Factory Outlet, Shops in SAKS and Macy's, within the Midwest area (IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, OH, KY). Strong interpersonal skills as well as business acumen and good judgment are all necessary characteristics of the job. Must have complete mastery of all Store operations by location and outstanding leadership skills along with inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead team, train talent and effect change. Along with a track record of building talent and the ability to balance the need of delivering a creative experience, and a profitable result.
What you can expect:
- Leads the full line retail business through effective collaboration and partnering across key functions: Visual Merchandising, Training, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Retail Buying Team, Store Design and Retail Operations.
- Frequent travel encompassing Store visits, audits of policies and standards, managing the maintenance of Store facilities and supervision of customer service standards.
- Ability to develop and execute business strategies that are linked to successful business objectives, which demonstrates a strong return on investment that supports the organization's ability to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Lead performance management and talent development initiatives in alignment with company objectives for all direct reports.
- Manage Store teams towards acceptable Store Operations/Human Resources compliance to ensure that all Stores understand, administer and interpret the Store Operations Guidelines/ HR policies and procedures accurately.
- Ensure visual merchandising directives are implemented efficiently as per Global direction and visual standards.
- Act as a liaison between stores, corporate partners, buyers and visual director to ensure that merchandise assortments reflect the brand strategy and stock levels are appropriate to meet the needs of the business
Drive Sales, Profitability and Gross Margin Growth
- Responsible to drive region sales and profit plans to budget through successful leadership, organizational plans, customer service, and outstanding execution of all field operations strategies, consistently across all Stores.
- Ensure that each Store associate is trained and compliant with all basic inventory management/ movement/ receiving processes.
- Consistently execute quality inventory practices with receiving, restocking, transfers, and managing inventory discrepancies.
- Manage product inventory and merchandising standards compliant with company direction.
Recruitment/Hiring/Training and Retention of Top Talent
- Responsible for the recruiting, interviewing and hiring of Store teams throughout the Region.
- Create, evaluate and monitor talent pools on a continuous basis while constructing succession plans and growth development for the region as an operating unit.
- Assist Store leaders in training, coaching and development, customer service standards, standard operating procedures, impeccable visual standards and employee relations compliance in partnership with Human Resources and Senior Management.
- Responsible to consistently and effectively communicate the company objectives to all Store management teams through organized and scheduled conference calls and email communications.
- Establish a process to ensure that Stores have accountability to expectations on a consistent and timely basis.
- Conduct regular Store visits and communicate to ensure standards are maintained, expectations are being achieved and action plans are developed in order to move the business forward.
- Touch base with each Store leader on a weekly basis to gain an understanding of all aspects of their business including merchandising, staffing, operations, etc. provide consistent follow-up and feedback
- Oversee, control and adjust payroll budget and weekly hours within region to ensure appropriate sales floor coverage by reviewing Stores schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Analyze and react to business trends regarding assortment, communicating sell-through, stock levels as opportunities to increase sales.
- Ensure region adheres to all company policies and procedures as noted in Store Operating Manuals and all HR procedural documentations.
- College degree in related field preferred
- 8+ years of multi-store and/or Flagship leadership experience in luxury retail environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point
- Valid US Driver's License
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
- Comfortable climbing ladders
Skills and abilities required:
- Extensive travel required; extreme flexibility and adaptability to work schedule needed
- Passion and desire for excellence by exceeding goals successfully and consistently
- Proven ability to develop and retain top talent
- Proven ability to better business results year over year
- Exceptional client service skills
- Proven leadership and organizational skills and ability to engage and motivate teams
- Strong business acumen; including retail math and P&L responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to problem solve
- Must have an ability to plan and manage both the strategic and operational functions of the business
HUGO BOSS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Voluntary benefits and critical Illness
- Company sponsored life and disability benefits
- Discounts for auto/home/pet insurance
- Commuter benefit program
- Employee Discount Program
- 21 paid days off (pro-rated based on first year of employment) plus your birthday off
- Flexible Fridays
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.
HUGO BOSS is one of the leading companies in the upper premium segment of the global apparel market with some 14,000 employees around the world. Diversity is what shapes our company and makes us strong. People from a wide range of different nationalities put their knowledge, skills and experience to work for HUGO BOSS. This ensures an impressive variety of ideas and solutions. What unites us is our passion for our products and pride in our work.
Our vision is to be the most desirable premium fashion & lifestyle brand, and therefore we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
In order to address customers clearly and consistently, we offer two brands: BOSS and HUGO. While they are clearly distinguishable from each other in terms of their individual attributes and target customer, both brands embody our values of quality and fit, innovation and sustainability.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to advance your career as an expert or executive and are passionate about the fashion and lifestyle industry, you’ve come to the right place. Take the next step and find the perfect job for you.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert