The Manager, Finance - The Americas will be responsible for managing the day to day financial reporting for the Americas, including US, Canadian Retail, DM/Ecommerce, and Business Sales. The Manager will be responsible for the development of the budget and revisions for the Americas, with a focus in marketing related expenses.
The Manager, Finance - The Americas must be able to think strategically while also being hands-on in overseeing the day-to-day execution of the agreed upon strategy with a focus on clients, people, and brand desirability. They will be open and approachable and will work with both the central team and the local teams in a transparent, united and mutually supportive manner. They must model and champion our core belief; People Make the Difference and our values; Be Creative & Innovative, Deliver Excellence and Cultivate an Entrepreneurial Spirit." Key Accountabilities Americas Budget and Analysis
- Work with Americas Management, Corporate Financial Planning and other divisions to develop the annual budget, monthly and quarterly business reviews, forecasts and strategic business plans.
- Provide on-going monitoring of the operating performance for the Americas, highlighting any issues / opportunities and providing recommendations to Americas Management.
Americas Reporting and Analysis
- Consolidate & report marketing activity on a quarterly/annual basis to the global FP&A team.
- Maintain accurate marketing reporting for the Americas region, partner with the regional marketing teams to consolidate up-to-date marketing forecast and budget expenses.
- Perform detailed monthly variance analysis and review of all marketing related accounts. Ensure all reclasses and accruals are booked as needed.
- Lead monthly calls with regional marketing teams to align on activity.
- Prepare the Americas monthly and quarterly reporting package which includes the P&L, expense variances and the forecast.
- Participate in monthly variations process and Northern America P&L review.
- Partner with Northern America accounting to ensure accuracy of P&L.
- Provide financial data and presentation assistance for Executive committee and Americas leadership meetings.
- Lead monthly meetings to review store performance with store heads.
Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Act as financial systems subject matter expert - Oversight of financial reporting systems and liaison to supporting IT teams. Work with BO and GFG groups to implement new reports, automate existing reports, and troubleshoot reporting errors
- 5+ years of Financial Planning and Analysis experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to work with senior management
- Ability to work on multiple, complex projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
- Experience coaching and managing employees at the analyst level
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight/direction
- Creative thinker with a willingness to challenge the current way of doing things; ability and willingness to drive change
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and technology tools such as Business Objects
- Retail industry experience
- International business experience
The hiring range for this position ranges from $117,810 - 166,320. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.