Assistant Buyer - Status Shoes
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 4 Apr 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for day-to-day duties in executing merchant plans & strategies. The Assistant Buyer position requires frequent communication with multiple teams and divisions. In this role you will identify market trends and gain knowledge of competitive landscape for the purposes of providing business driving recommendations. This position also requires forging strong vendor relationships and will directly interact with our vendors. It is a developmental role towards becoming a buyer.
- Drive assortment optimization for buying responsibilities within the Buyers total area of business
- Reconcile on order/ reorder / Return to Vendor (RTV) with receipt plan. Utilize ORV to update shipping log on weekly basis
- Identify and maximize financial opportunities / minimize liabilities on total business
- Run, analyze, and send weekly department and vendor selling reports, prep information for market
- Manage Vendor Linelists / Review Affinity export / order confirmations, reconcile variances and submit POs
- Utilize Affinity/PDF to create accurate style records in system with regards to class, subclass, masterstyle, etc.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert