Visual Merchandising Tools Development Manager
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 27 Jun 2023
- Visual Merchandising
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Reporting to the VM Director, the VM Tools Development Manager will lead the development of all the display tools for in-store and windows set up. Ensure consistency among the regions aligning to the image and core messages of the business.
- Leading the development of visual merchandising tools, to elevate the presentation of all accessories and ready-to-wear in both in-store and windows set up
- Always up to speed on the latest trends of VM tools: design, materials research with a preference in sustainable materials and processes
- Working closely with the VM team insuring all the needs of product displays from central departments and markets are satisfied
- Working closely with Merchandising team, to insure all the needs of new product and focus categories are satisfied and on time for the launch
- Working closely with Architecture department to be updated on store concept and collaborate on fixtures development
- Owning the process from ideation to roll out, collaborating closely with Procurement dept. for vendors research, materials specifications, adaptability to different concepts and specific design, for global implementation and ad hoc activities
- Owning the sampling process and global roll out
- Manage the inventory and VM tools catalogue
Manage the VM tools budgets for sampling and global roll out
- Experience working in a creative role, preferably with Design and Architecture background, 3+ year experience in similar roles with budget management tasks preferred
- Experience working independently and creatively / innovatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical, interpretative, and strong decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with proficient experience in Adobe Creative Suite and 3D programs
- Proactive problem-solving attitude
- Working within a highly effective team to provide consistent messaging
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and well organized
- Ability to prioritise tasks and coordinate multiple projects
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || VISUAL MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FIS9022 || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert