TITLE: Brand Copy Editor
DEPARTMENT: PR & MARKETING
REPORTS TO: Brand Director and Marketing Manager
LOCATION: Angel, N1
TERM: Permanent, full time
Celebrating over fifty years of vision and style, independent British luxury eyewear brand Cutler and Gross combines the finest craftsmanship with irrefutable style. Founded in 1969 By Tony Gross and Graham Cutler, the brand is known for its authoritative, influential frame designs and is well respected by customers and those inside the industry.
The brand produces the highest quality frames, all finished by hand with the most meticulous attention to detail, using a wealth of traditional artisanal craftsmanship in its own factory in Cadore, Italy.
Operating a multi-channel sales distribution, through its own flagship locations in London, Bath, New York, Los Angeles and Toronto, a global website, www.cutlerandgross.com, and stocked in over 500 wholesale customer outlets in 50 countries worldwide, Cutler and Gross is a true authority in eyewear with a global reach.
Responsible for creating compelling and authentic cross channel brand messaging including, but not limited to brand journal, product description management, SEO copy, email newsletters, social copy and scheduling, license and collaboration copy and internal communications support.
Develop and write compelling product storytelling and seasonal narratives for key products, services, with a focus on craftsmanship – following brand guideline documents.
As a key member of the Communications team, the position relies on a confident creative with energy, professionalism and a collaborative outlook.
- Play a lead role in defining brand stories and compelling content to be used across all customer touch points. This includes writing, sub editing and proofread all creative copy for journal, emails, homepages, banner copy, press releases, brand bios and other content slots.
- Work with head of communications and Marketing Manager on concept and execute creative editorial ideas, from email to content features, plus other digital narratives.
- Works closely with online, marketing and sales to create and champion SEO informed messaging, ensuring best practise is adhered to without impacting user experience.
- Perform thorough brand/category/keyword/trends research to inform your copy and stay abreast of SEO strategies as they evolve.
- Work closely with graphic designers to create messages for in store, including POS and packaging and online, including social.
- Schedule all social posts
- Conduct research on concepts, fashion + cultural trends .
- Work on internal messaging across the business, from retail presentations, brand events, business updates.
- Manage brand voice, maintain guidelines and ensure consistency across all touch points.
- Contribute to other projects as and when needed.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience as a hands-on editorial writer in retail, media or agency environment, managing multi channel projects.
- Experience writing across different mediums and formats which include long form editorial, journal posts, conversion emails, web and nurture newsletters, short form ads and social copy
- Working knowledge of CMS and workflow management
- Social media experience and scheduling
- Strategic approach to content creation
- Solid understanding and experience of SEO – experience in researching and writing content based on SEO data and best practice principles and experience working with SEO tools such as SEMrush, Google Search Console. Understanding of search engine algorithms and how they impact rankings.
- Great proof-reader with attention to detail.
- Knack for editorial ideas, writing compelling headlines and conversion copy
- Ability to write fast and brainstorm, to meet deadlines while maintaining high standards.
- Detail oriented, commercial focus yet creative where required.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Intuitive writer who understands the nuances of different channels, from print to web.
- Knowledge of and interest in fashion, design and lifestyle trends.
- Self-motivated - able to work independently across multiple workstreams.
- Team player, happy to collaborate and work under pressures in a fast paced environment.
- International experience may be advantageous.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and strong work ethic
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Passion for your profession A natural story teller
- Curious - you are plugged into what is going on in the world and interested in getting under the skin of things.
Note: To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Applicants should apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We are not accepting queries or candidate applications via recruitment agencies or consultants