Menswear Design Manager (Sartorial) - Tommy Hilfiger
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Full Time
PVH is the growth platform for Calvin Klein and TOMMY HILFIGER. Through driving brand strength and relevance, we are connecting our global, iconic brands closer to where the consumer is going than ever before, today and with future generations. Guided by our values and enabled by our scale and global reach, we are driving fashion forward for good, as one team with one vision and one plan. That's the Power of Us, that's the Power of PVH+.
We are seeking an experienced multi-product category Design Manager to lead the sartorial business within the Tommy Hilfiger Menswear world. The Design Manager would lead the concept and seasonal direction of our contemporary formal collections. Working across, Outerwear, Tailoring, Pants, Shirts, and Knits, the ideal candidate would help us develop this key business pillar. This is an opportunity to create and lead your own department.
Whilst the manager needs to lead a small team and be fully versed and able to design and create tech packs with a focus on woven product. The successful candidate will be instrumental in evolving our take on traditional codes of formalwear for the modern Tommy Hilfiger customer. Reporting into the Design Director, this role is exclusively responsible for all formal Menswear styles across all product categories, making sure the Tommy DNA is seen in each garment.
- Researching & analyzing key markets for current & future trends to always be head of game.
- Working into the Tommy Hilfiger Menswear brand strategy.
- Designing multi product lines from research through to tech packs and final samples.
- Follow the range plan set by the merchandisers to build commercial formal collections.
- Preparing all necessary design decks and boards for divisional presentations.
- Follow up on styles & selected fabrics each season in collaboration with product development, communicating this to our buying offices/vendors & retail needs.
- Partnering closely with product developers to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style.
- Working closely with the technical department for the executing of garment fittings and finding solutions for any problems that may arise.
- Owning and driving collections in the sartorial division.
- Working to the divisional calendar to meet deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree at BA/MA or equivalent, in Fashion Design, Menswear (or similar field of study)
- Minimum 7-10 years related experience ideally within a leading Men's brand.
- Commercial mentality with consumer insights.
- Solid knowledge of garment specifications, fitting and construction.
- Strong sense of color, pattern and print.
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/ Photoshop)
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting.
- Great knowledge of fabrics including wools and down.
- Capable of working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- People Management experience plus, however we would also consider Senior Designers looking for progression.
What You Can Expect From Us
In the heart of Amsterdam, PVH EMEA is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. We are the home to 2500 big thinkers, natural entrepreneurs, and challenge seekers from all kinds of backgrounds.
- How we support you: choose the hybrid setup and working hours that suit you, in addition to meeting-free Fridays, work from anywhere 4 weeks a year, 25 days of paid holidays, mental health days, parental leave, home office allowance, commuting allowances, employee assistance programs, and pension schemes
- Wellbeing: exclusive onsite gym and fitness classes, personal training, meditation studio, sports clubs, in-house physio, and receive access to our nutritional and wellbeing programs
- Campus: extensive food and beverage offerings, top-notch restaurant, barista coffee bars, sky bar, monthly social events, weekly Thursday drinks, game nights, and campus-themed activities that will keep your social life busy
- Develop your career: whether you lead a team or contribute your own expertise, everyone is a leader at PVH. PVH University curates and delivers training programs for you to continuously develop your professional and personal goals
- Be at the forefront: stay closely connected to our brands, Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, and be a part of seasonal market launches, sample sales and receive employee discounts!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
TOMMY HILFIGER is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of classic American cool style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS brands, with a breadth of collections including HILFIGER COLLECTION, TOMMY HILFIGER TAILORED, TommyXGigi, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. TOMMY HILFIGER, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 15,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 100 countries and more than 1,800 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the TOMMY HILFIGER brand were US $7.4 billion in 2017.
Stadhouderskade 6 Amsterdam
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert