Associate, HR Operations
- Kate Spade New York
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 2 Jul 2023
- Human Resources
- Coordinator / Executive
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Job Title : Associate,HR Operations
The HR Associate will be responsible for various tasks/projects supporting daily operations to align with our HR goals/objectives. The role is based in our headquarters in New York City in a hybrid-capacity.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Human Resources and/or Operations to...
- Effectively manage and partner regularly with Finance and Total Rewards to effectively manage compensation budgets, forecast processes and staffing plans, including:
- Quarterly Outlook (QO), Workforce Budgeting (WFB), Annual Operating Plan (AOP), temporary staffing
- Audit and maintain ongoing accuracy and integrity of employee data in partnership with People Services, including assisting leaders with PeopleHub transactions (i.e. our HRIS platform)and troubleshooting issues
- Gather relevant compensation data for offers and salary change proposals
People Management system support and reporting:
- Provide managers with instructions on self-service tools
- Update system directly as needed
- Run and create quarterly dashboards
- Track and distribute Service Awards
- Run reports upon request
- Update org charts with ongoing people and structure changes
- Draft org charts for org design proposals
- Track current and upcoming open jobs
- Provide operational support to open new roles including:
- Email Talent Acquisition partners to assign a recruiter
- Open position in HR people management system
- Provide hiring managers with instructions to open job requisitions and materials needed to kick off a search
- Manage salary range calculation for all job postings
- Liaise with hiring manager and third-party temp vendor on temp searches including:
- ensuring position descriptions are created
- opening position in HR people management system
- providing budget to third party vendor
- follow-up with third party vendor if challenges arise with the search
- Liaise with Talent Acquisition and assign Mentors as point of contact to manage KS internship and apprentice program recruitment and placement efforts
Leadership and Functional Talent Reviews
- Assist with data entry in HR people management system
- Run reports from HR people management system
- Assist with PowerPoint creation
- Run reports from online tool
- Assist action planning materials as needed
- Manage Quarterly Product Incentive Program for New Hires/Promotions
- Quarterly dashboards (turnover, EI&D, etc.)
- Support on-boarding initiatives for all new hires and anyone changing roles
- Miscellaneous administrative HR support (corporate and stores)
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Exceptional operational/process thinking paired with strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high level of energy and resilience
- Ability to shape and influence project approaches and next steps
- Strong follow up and follow through skills
- Resourceful& Analytical with strong problem-solving ability; able to understand and take a complex issue in the business and create plan to address
- Strong collaborator that builds cross functional partners to facilitate problem solving and issues
- Impressive customer focus and sense of urgency
- Stellar attention to detail
- Results-oriented, self-starter and high learning agility
- Demonstrated strength in project management
An outstanding professional will have...
- BS or BA in Businesspreferred
- 2+ years of operational or project managerial work experience
- The ability to handle multiple priorities at once with superior organizational skills, and be a fast learner who can navigate process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical capabilities
- Great initiative and the ability to use intuition to anticipate needs
- Strong experience in MS programs, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-KS1 #LI-HYBRID Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com .
BASE PAY RANGE $60,000TO $80,000 ANNUALLY
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary
Known for its crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication, kate spade new york’s exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. From handbags and clothing to decor, our products invite women around the world to live every day to the fullest.
We believe it’s the people we work with who bring our brand to life. Ours is a place that values creativity. Where colored tights and sparkly heels are standard attire. We’re a group of individuals working together as a team. Succeed and there are plenty of people to cheer. We strive to be the best – to do things in a way that’s uniquely our own. Always optimistic, often irreverent and wonderfully original. This is the spirit of our brand.
2 Park Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert