- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 3 Jul 2023
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The store manager is responsible for leading all team members in the efficient and profitable operation of Ralph's Coffee. He/she is responsible for managing the day-to-day store operations, maintaining high store standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment, which provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both our customers and team members. The store manager creates the tone and personality of the store by being an advocate of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices, and a demonstrated commitment to our Guiding Principles and House Rules.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Develops and executes sales and profit plans that are in-line with budgetary goals.
* Ensures and is accountable for profitability of the store by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses.
* Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly and annual financial reporting tools.
* Ensures proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs.
* Oversees all cash and media management functions. Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with the Corporate Office as necessary.
* Maintains proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
* Maintains a clean well-merchandised store, following visual presentation plans and standards.
* Plans, executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
* Identifies staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training needs of qualified candidates. Facilitates on-going training and development of current staff.
* Promotes and practices safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents. Documents accidents, conducts initial investigation and determination of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment. Conducts monthly safety meetings ensuring team member compliance in all safety initiatives Service:
* Is the Role Model for outstanding service and "owner" of the service initiative at his/her store.
* Pro-active in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
* Ensures that all team members are committed to and demonstrate our Guiding Principles and House Rules.
* Ensures that all team members provide customers with efficient, friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
* Consistently monitors, coaches and encourages team members to meet the Company's service standards.
* Assesses and provides adequate staffing to provide efficient and friendly, superior service.
* Maintains high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise and equipment. Product:
* Ensures that all Company drink recipes and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
* Ensures that all Company food offerings maintain the highest quality.
* Tastes drink and food products on a per shift basis for quality assurance. Training & Development:
* Provides ongoing training and development to all team members in the areas of operating standards, customer service and product knowledge.
* Demonstrates the ability to lead, effectively communicate, and champion Guiding Principles, House Rules, and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Builds morale and team spirit by fostering a work environment where team members input is encouraged and valued.
* Ensures each team member has received proper training to perform as a barista or shift supervisor efficiently.
* Continually develops team members, establishing specific performance objectives, and measuring team member performance regularly.
* Coaches and counsels team members for improved performance, documenting developmental plans as necessary.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
· College education preferred. 3 years retail management experience required. · Proficient on a computer; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. · Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed. · Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task. · Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities. · This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms. · Must be able to lift up to 30lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist. · Frequently required to use hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms. · Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects. Regularly required to handle food, hot beverages, and work with sharp objects. · Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert