Digital Commerce Trading & Operations Manager
- Ralph Lauren
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 3 Jul 2023
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Position Summary: The Digital Commerce Trading & Operations Manager will manage Ralph Lauren's e-commerce site in Southeast Asia (SEA) from build phase in the beginning and site operation after launch. To maintain the site that is representing Ralph Lauren brand in a premium way and to manage the brand campaign to align with seasonal launch and product lifecycle. With site ownership to operate the site e-merchandising, including all products live and product mix planning to achieve site objectives and sales target. Partnering with key stakeholders to ensure we continue to evolve the business and process. Responsibilities Include:
* Develop immersive and friction-less customer journeys through product-driven brand story telling opportunities on ecom destination(s). Partner with Content and Digital Operations teams to continue improving customer experience on Home Page, various landing pages, as well as product details pages. Monitor product pages in assigned categories to ensure content is accurate, current, and presented in to encourage purchases.
* Own the end to end processes related to online product strategy execution. Manage data flow related to item master, digital assets, and inventory against the planned assortment.
* Coordinate with operation teams on new product launches. Ensures the existing product catalogue is up to date with the latest released products, best-selling models, seasonal rotation and the marketing calendar.
* Establish site merchandising best practices and share with internal stakeholders
* Co-own with cross-functional teams on creating a best-in-class shopping experience on RL.sea digital flagship site
* Analyze and present competitive intelligence to marketing, merchandising and operation team, recommend ideas to merchandising teams based on data and competitive research.
* Advocate for the needs of our customers and serve as the go-to person for insight on site traffic and merchandising performance; will combine an understanding of what drives e-commerce sales, and a passion for user experience to improve the onsite merchandising strategy
* Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the customer experience across the site and various product categories
* Partner with marketing and operation team to establish sales plans and forecasts using market, consumer, and competitive insights and internal analysis
* Partner with the marketing team to draft creative briefs and create projects to maximize online merchandise presentation, developing category, theme or product-based landing pages
* Evaluate eCommerce category and key item performance and identify customer behavior and sales levels
* Reviews website visitor feedback, and digital analytics to evaluate and optimize product details such as attributes, imagery, and videos to optimize sales online and traffic into stores
* Engages with team daily to evaluate top/bottom selling styles and refine go-forward plan for site and marketing content.
* Finds and contributes to fixing possible bugs appearing on the existing product catalogue.
* Perform QA/maintenance of our site to ensure all offers, landing pages, product tiles and copy are accurate. Project Manager Support for Digital Flagship Build for SEA
• Local-market project manager and central point-of-contact for all areas of the project.
• Coordinate with Global, APAC, Local cross-functional teams, external service enabler, etc. to gather/confirm requirements per project milestone/deadlines to develop the site and launch
• Plan market related content, campaigns, and promotions ahead of launch
• Weekly report status/progress of site; identify and call-out/hedge against any risks
• Work with local and APAC teams to develop RL.com launch commercial plans Post-Launch Key Responsibilities: Manage Site Operations, e-Merchandising, Content, Drive Sales Growth in SEA
• Oversee all RL.com website operation
• Continually identify features needs, plan for future development
• Analyze, understand, and feedback learnings on user behavior, customer segment opportunities
• Keep up to date with market changes, consumer insights, platform developments, competitor sites, new and beneficial ecommerce technology
• Drive omnichannel planning and coordination with retail offline team
• Conduct regular online product analysis to provide insight to country and corporate merchandising team to make sure the results are reflected in planning, buy and allocations
• Oversee eCommerce assortments and establish optimal product mix based on category goals, performance, and designated category roles
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Minimum 7 years of experience in e-commerce or digital. Constructive knowledge of e-commerce site operation, digital trends across Southeast Asia, particular in Singapore and Malaysia
* Be familiar with overall ecommerce related business process, including product cycle of merchandising (plan/buying/allocation/replenishment), digital/performance marketing, online marketplace models, fulfillment/logistics, customer service, finance, etc.
* Strong knowledge with ecommerce architecture and SFCC system, CMS/OMS/WMS, integration with backend systems, Web analytics etc.
* Can effectively communicate with project teams, from requirement gathering and expectation management, to communicating vision and team collaboration
* English fluency/advance knowledge is a must; additional language skills (Mandarin, Malay) is preferred
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert