Senior Infrastructure Specialist, Database (SQL)
- Ralph Lauren
- Bangalore, India
- Closing date
- 3 Jul 2023
- Senior Manager
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
We're looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a highly respected organization to work as part of a team to assure and deliver Database technologies for a range of projects and BAU operations. The successful candidate will lead complex solution delivery for IT projects, working with in-house development teams and/or third parties to design, develop and implement infrastructure solutions. They lead on their own group of technologies and support in delivering the strategic roadmap for their technology area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Ensures consistent delivery of high-quality practices and standards
* Ensures proactive and reactive management of operational incidents, problems and changes
* Acts as point of authority for fault management, technical direction and/or strategy
* Monitors and interprets team and system performance, identifying and implementing improvement
* The successful candidate will interface with Business Team(s) to capture, understand and define their technical requirements, then design and execute appropriate solutions to meet those requirements.
* Effective delivery into projects with tight deadlines, embedding yourself within the project team to ensure successful delivery
* A successful candidate must have strong process, project management and communication skills.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Exceptional knowledge of both MySQL and SQL DB/ Clustering.
* Be a wizard with databases and associated technical configurations
* Knowledgeable about performance tuning, query optimization, & index tuning
* Advance knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
* Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems
* Knowledge of high availability, disaster recovery and replication solutions and best practices
* Experience in Cloud Services such as AWS and RDS or Azure
* Advanced knowledge of Database Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and 3rd party tools.
* Expertise in writing SQL queries, analysing query performance using query plans and tuning query performance
* Advanced knowledge of Database monitoring and third part tool like Nagios, Percona Monitoring Plugins (PMM) and other monitoring tools
* Experience of Scripting knowledge
* Expert knowledge of Performance Schema
* Knows how to optimize queries/schemas
* Deep understanding of replication and clustering
* Knows backup solutions and strategies
* Knows HA solutions and strategies
* Knows proxy usage as it relates to MySQL
* Knowledge /experience with Percona tools and PMM
* Cloud and DBaaS experience The ideal candidate should also have an understanding, and experience of: -
* Cloud infrastructure, Hybrid deployments and the concept of Software Defined Data Centre.
* Working experience with Azure SQL databases and migrating on-prem to Azure SQL
* Experience with SSAS and SSRS are highly desired
* Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
* Experience working in a highly regulated environment and the associated processes and tools
* Experience with one or more of the following: MySQL & SQL
* Multiple years of experience with MySQL & SQL DB Administration
* Hand on experience with Azure SQL
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert