Engineer, SCOM Administration
- Ralph Lauren
- Bangalore, India
- Closing date
- 3 Jul 2023
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
We're looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a highly respected organization to work as part of a team to assure and deliver Microsoft technologies for a range of projects and BAU operations. The successful candidate will lead complex solution delivery for IT projects, working with in-house IT teams and/or third parties to design, develop and implement infrastructure solutions. They lead on their own group of technologies and support in delivering the strategic roadmap for their technology area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Ensures proactive and reactive management of operational incidents, problems and changes
* Acts as point of authority for fault management, technical direction and/or strategy
* Provide recommendations on storage upgrades and supports project integration as required
* Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
* Understands and applies more advanced concepts and processes to daily activities
* Recover data when required
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Review and update SCOM console security, apply patches, create SCOM console roles and reviews, and create and install custom Management Packs as needed
* Deliver SCOM views via Remote Desktop Web Access, create custom reports on results of SCOM monitoring, use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) technologies, and provide problem resolution for SCOM components and related custom scripts
* Work with project managers and peers to understand and solve challenging technical problems, produce effort estimates, and improve system functionality and reliability
* Experience with the installation, configuration, and administration of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012
* Knowledge of multiple processor systems, RAID hardware, SCSI attached, and storage area network
* Experience in application /network performance and availability monitoring
* Experience using the Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting engine to automate tasks with SCOM
* Experience with System Center Configuration Manager 2012, System Center Service Manager 2012, and System Center Orchestrator
* Experience with major Microsoft technologies including P.C. and server operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, Office, and Forefront Identity Management (FIM)
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert