Architecture & Design Manager, RLA+D Studio
- Ralph Lauren
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 2 Jul 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Design Stores (ranging from 500 to 20,000sf) that reflect the latest vision for the brand, ensuring design excellence and an elevated customer experience.
* Produce schematic design drawing packages, including new stores, renovations and refreshes etc.
* Manage external consultants and suppliers to ensure projects are executed to RL standards.
* Review and approve construction drawings and millwork shop drawings.
* Coordinate project requirements with internal partners, including Retail Development, Decorative and Merchandising.
* Partner with construction teams to coordinate execution of details.
* Champion best practices within the team and the division.
* Collaborate effectively with NY design team on brand image and new design directions.
* Collaborate effectively with Fixture Team on new and custom fixture designs, and to understand intended fixture usage.
* Adhere to established AutoCAD, drafting and directory standards.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or similar field
* 3-5 years in retail design, similar commercial projects or high-end/custom residential in a designer's position.
* Good understanding of all phases of an architectural project
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple competing priorities effectively.
* High proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Illustration and SketchUp etc.
* Strong knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction.
* Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat X Pro, BIM360 and Smartsheet a plus.
* Strong analytical skills, highly organized and detail-oriented.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert