Department Manager, Men's
- Ralph Lauren
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Closing date
- 5 Jul 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
To ensure a consistently memorable customer shopping experience while generating meaningful revenue and positive operating profit for the store and assigned department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for sales and profit performance in assigned store department- Men's, Women's, Children's, Home, FW&J, Accessories, etc.
* Responsible for achieving store shrinkage goals and for the establishment and implementation of both new and existing loss prevention procedures.
* Works with the Store Director/General Manager to establish and achieve sales and margin goals, develop operating budgets and monitor performance.
* Responsible for training and supervision of store staff to maximize sales and profit performance.
* Coach and mentor all employees to achieve optimal results.
* Directs the execution of Ralph Lauren's promotional strategies and programs, assuring that they support Ralph Lauren's Retail sales, marketing, and profit objectives.
* Regularly visits relevant competition to maintain an awareness of store performance issues and market trends.
* Understands and places a high priority on providing input to both the Buying Divisions and the Visual Presentation team in regard to merchandise presentation and maintenance of an in-store environment, consistent with Ralph Lauren's desired image and character.
* Assist in executing visual directives and ensure store environments are compelling, place high priority on upholding presentation standards and holding team accountable to such standards.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* College Degree or equivalent experience
* 5 years of Retail Management Experience
* Strong business acumen.
* Enthusiasm and ability to build and maintain an environment consistent with RL lifestyle philosophy.
* Ability to guide individuals toward goal achievement using negotiation, teamwork, motivation and staff development skills.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert