Art Director, Polo Brand & Sports
- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 2 Jul 2023
- Creative - Graphics, Images
- Director / President / C Suite
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Art Director, Polo Brand & Sports partners with the Agency Creative Director and Head of Brand Creative in the delivery of compelling 360° campaigns. This role is based around the inception, production and execution of the marketing and advertising communications that live across multiple platforms and channels globally. The position reports to Head of Brand Creative and will touch all communication channels including but (not limited to) digital & print advertising, cross platform video and social media.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Collaborate with Brand Creative, project managers and other cross functional departments to create a range of brand content and campaign deliverables
* Confidently lead the development and delivery of 360 content campaigns across multiple touch points
* Work with Creative Leadership to refine concept presentation documents, including but not limited to photo and video direction, graphic design, and third-party creative collaboration.
* Confidently lead a high volume of photo and video productions, interacting with internal and external partners with clarity and professionalism
* Lead on set production
* Follow through with content post-production across dynamic deliverables
* Manage retouching to a high standard and taste level
* Ensure that all projects are within deadlines and budget constraints
* Develop consistent visual voice across all material
* Focus on Campaigns for Brand & Sports
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Advanced knowledge and education in Graphic Design or related discipline preferred
* Art Director experience, preferably with a fashion company or creative agency
* Experience commissioning and working with photography - from initial concept references to final execution
* Competence working with video - from developing treatments to working with DPs, directors, editors and motion designers
* Strong Photoshop, InDesign and keynote skills; working knowledge of other current design applications
* Some experience with Ai (Illustrator) and Premiere and After Effects
* Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
* Excellent understanding of typography
* Significant experience working with retouching
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong time management and ability to multitask
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert