Brand Shows & Events Associate
- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 28 Jun 2023
- PR & Communications
- Coordinator / Executive
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Ralph Lauren is seeking an Events Associate to support the Global Events team with managing administrative tasks and aiding in production logistics across a wide variety of event formats from small-scale in-store activations to global fashion shows. The ideal candidate has a passion for event planning, prides themselves on organization, works well in a fast-paced environment and has a flexible schedule due to heavy volume of events. This role requires the candidate to work a hybrid schedule in office which also includes evening and weekend schedule as it pertains to events coordinated by the team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Support the Global Events Team in executing events for a myriad of event formats from special collaborations and partnerships to fashion shows and presentations to in-store retail activations, and more.
* Assist with coordination of all event logistics for multiple events simultaneously (including timeline creation, invitation distribution + guest lists, vendor procurement + management, partnership agreements, and sourcing of event-related materials), supporting the communication with external and internal parties
* Plan events linked to both retail and PR objectives to maximize return on investment, further brand awareness, and support overall business goals
* Oversee onsite, day-of coordination, including event setup and breakdown for events in New York and other locations if travel is required
* Manage relationships with all internal cross-functional partners relevant to each event and external vendors that support events
* Lead post-event reporting and recapping; Update reporting documents on a continuous basis
* Assist the team in creating event planning documents such as calendars, overviews, timelines, recaps, invitations, vendor database, competitor events research, and more
* Manage event guest lists and dedicated event RSVP email addresses for multiple events simultaneously
* Process event invoices/expenses and reconcile status with finance to ensure vendors are paid in timely manner
* Manage organization and keep an accurate inventory of all special events materials
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Past experience in a creative/dynamic environment preferred
* Experience in fashion or events preferred
* Advanced proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook applications
* Strong attention to detail, with ability to multi-task and set appropriate deadlines and priorities
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Some physical labor involved with event production and materials management
* Exceptional level of integrity and confidentiality
* Strong follow-up skills
* Excellent team player
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert