Graphic Designer, Polo Brand & Sports
- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
- Creative - Graphics, Images
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating visual concepts that inspire and captivate the consumer while creating a consistent brand representation across all materials. This role will develop creative ideas and concepts to suit the client's business objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Collaborate with Art Director, Project Managers, Copywriters, Motion Graphic Artist, Stylist.
• Build upon current design of the materials while adhering to the Ralph Lauren brand standards (print, web, etc).
• Produce new concepts, develop reference materials, pull swipe, and provide creative input across image and video concept development
• Work with Sr. Creative Leadership to refine concept work across all creative elements, including but not limited to photo and video direction, graphic design, art direction, and third-party creative collaboration.
• Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches and work on layouts ready for print
• Proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work
• Follow through with production of all imagery by collaborating with stylist and staff photographers
• Work closely with Print Production, especially regarding pre and post production issues
• Ensure that all projects are within deadlines and budget constraints
• Develop consistent visual voice across all materials
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Advanced knowledge in Graphic / Art Design or related discipline preferred
* Strong Photoshop and InDesign skills; working knowledge of other current design applications
* Some experience with Ai (Illustrator) and Premiere and After Effects
* Excellent understanding of typography
* Strong attention to detail when finalizing designs
* Ability to effectively communicate with business partners at all levels
* Strong time management and ability to multitask
* Adaptive design eye and skill
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert