About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
This SVP Global Sourcing role oversees the sourcing activities, supplier partner network, quality, and strategic leadership for, and the development and execution of global sourcing. Key activities include tracking and incorporating macro-economic, geopolitical, and industry trends with brand/category business strategies to deliver competitive advantage to the company. The mission of this role is to:
•Execute sourcing, costing, and product development in deep partnership with the brands
•Continuously develop a resilient, competitive, responsive, agile global sourcing network
•Build manufacturing and product development capability with strategic partners
•Drive vendor empowerment processes and checks and balance for on time and quality execution
•Develop strategic roadmap of capabilities with brands to advance collaborative development and reduce lead time
•Enhance globally integrated supply chain planning processes to enable effective decisions that synchronize demand and supply. Own all capacity and allocation planning across brands and categories working in partnership with brand needs.
•Deliver seasonal costing in line with brand margin and financial targets. Partner with product development teams and suppliers to cost engineer product for optimal quality and price.
•Manage raw material strategy, negotiations, staging and execution inclusive of quality in tight partnership with brand product development leads
•Drive consistent and effective sourcing processes, quality strategy, and operational excellence
•Take a creative and innovative approach to building the supply chain of the future, including processes, systems/tools, and people
•Develop and lead a global team with the skills, ability, and commitment to meet or exceed required business results
The SVP Global Sourcing role is responsible for monitoring key performance processes and metrics to ensure flawless execution. A key requirement is to instill a culture of collaboration, high performance, and sustainable improvement in how product is created and made. This will require the development of a world-class strategy centered on creating and developing on-trend, brand-right, high quality products that the customer values; a strategy which enables enhanced operating income margins, top line growth, and increased shareholder value.
The role leads and manages a business of multibillion dollars FOB and a team based in over twelve geographic locations. A critical component of this role is to develop a sourcing organization which can effectively anticipate customer demands, provide proactive insight and ideas into the design and product creation process, and effectively collaborate across the total product-to-market cycle.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Define and formulate sourcing strategy, including network and supplier strategy for direct and indirect sourcing for Gap Inc. and its associated brands
- Manage seasonal and monthly capacity planning and allocation as well as costing in product development process in close partnership with brand production leads
- Lead sourcing and quality operations teams around the world in support of Gap Inc.'s brands on quality assurance and operations excellence
- Own supplier evaluation and scorecard process/metrics and work on collaborative improvement plans
- Ensure ship on time, quality and costing metrics are delivered in line with brand strategies
- Lead end-to-end sourcing process in support of the overall product-to-market cycle for each of Gap Inc's Brands. Continuously re-engineer and evolve the product-to-market engine for all of Gap Inc.'s brands, ensuring the sourcing operating model enables agile, resilient and responsive capabilities.
- Develop a supply chain organization and talent which can anticipate customer demands and economic forces to define and drive sourcing network/country-of-origin, manufacturing, and raw materials strategies to support product, innovation, cost and growth strategies for all brands and Gap Inc.
- Shape the direction of sourcing and manufacturing, providing innovative, commercially sound strategies and delivering agile and cost-effective solutions
- Drive and lead the development of best-in-industry platform capabilities - for example manufacturing excellence, cost excellence, and digital transformation - to enhance supplier efficiencyand deliver operational excellence
- Global Sourcing Leader with product development expertise in a multi-brand environment with sizeable sourcing spend (1B USD+).
- A natural collaborator, experienced in partnering effectively with Design, Merchant, Product Development and Supply Chain teams in a multi-brand environment. You have deep understanding of end-to-end product creation and supply chain processes.
- Deeply knowledgeable in costing and manufacturing processes related to apparel cut & sew and raw material development, with a strong track record working with world class apparel suppliers
- An experienced builder of sourcing supply chains for product categories
- Problem solver with strategic orientation - you can proactively solve problems and effectively navigate complex challenges which include multiple options with no obvious answer
- Change leader with experience leading - with and without authority - to influence others and drive consensus
- Globally oriented with strong commercial acumen - experience developing multi-year strategies and plans, executing through operational goals, leveraging deep market and industry knowledge
- Strategic relationship builder - strong at building relationships and leveraging them to drive better decision making
- Inspirational leader of others - you've successfully led large cross-category, cross-functional, global organizations in a matrixed environment, and you've demonstrated the ability to build energy, engagement, and commitment in others. You are culturally agile and aware, and able to build interpersonal connection across geographical boundaries. You are a talent builder with a proven track record of building high performing teams and organizations. You look to partner and focus on business outcomes together for our customers.
- Focused on continuous improvement, through data-driven decision making and fact-based analysis.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.