FIGS is looking for an Associate Technical Designer to join the Technical Design team. As a member of this team, you will be assisting with fit sessions, communicating revisions to vendors and working cross-functionally to ensure accuracy of tech packs. You'll be reporting to our Women's Technical Design Manager and be responsible for assisting the women's technical design department in and out of the fit room, prepping for fit sessions, answering vendor emails, and working on projects within the department. Our ideal candidate is creative, passionate about products, highly organized, clear with processes, is a serial problem solver and an all-star communicator.
What you'll do:
- Prepare samples for fittings by measuring and reviewing overall appearance, construction and updating WIP report
- Track samples so that samples arrive in a timely manner
- Assist in live fit sessions with cross-functional teams in attendance and taking clear notes
- Help prepare fit comments with specs and photos from fitting
- Collaborate with the Technical Designers and Pattern Makers post fitting to ensure accurate pattern and fit corrections are translated correctly
- Maintain and organize the block library rack and documents
- Will own the sample organization on racks and designated storage area
- Ability to work as a team player with cross-functional partners during fit sessions and weekly meetings
- Demonstrated ability for follow through on tight deadlines
- Communicate with vendors in daily emails
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role within apparel technical design/pattern making, with an understanding of apparel design & development process from inception through Production
- Must be able to take direction independently while working in a team environment
- Strong understanding and extensive knowledge of all fabric types and garment construction with garment measurement experience and basic pattern skills
- Must have technical experience with multiple product categories with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Able to effectively communicate with international vendors and cross functional teams on a regular basis
- Exceptional eye to identify fit issues and recommend solutions while mindful of bulk production and costing
- Experience in PLM and Gerber a plus
- Ability to sketch in Adobe Illustrator
Other Must Haves
FIGS Compensation and Benefits
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
- At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $45,000 and $65,000. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of serviceA little bit about us...
FIGS, Inc. is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We redefine what scrubs are by creating technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. With the largest DTC platform in healthcare apparel, we sell our products to a rapidly growing community of loyal customers. Through these customer relationships, FIGS has built a community and lifestyle around a profession, revolutionizing the large and fragmented healthcare apparel market and becoming the industry's category-defining healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand.
Our Threads for Threads initiative is integral to our mission to improve the lives of healthcare professionals on a global scale. Founded alongside FIGS in 2013, Threads for Threads donates scrubs to healthcare professionals working in resource-poor countries around the world.