Tiffany and Company has openings for Engineering Technicians at our Jewelry Design and Innovation Workshop (JDIW). Centrally located on East 23rd Street in New York City, the position offers a dynamic work environment and use of cutting edge technology to inspire the creation of meticulously crafted products that encompass the exceptional beauty of Tiffany jewelry.
Support Jewelry Design and Innovation in all technical and data elements related to new product development. Collect, validate, analyze, apply and archive all product data management information. Interact with and build successful and professional working relationships with the Design, Product Development, Manufacturing (internal and external), Strategic Sourcing, Jewelry Supply Planning and other corporate entities to ensure a unified and sustainable New Product Development channel. Responsibilities:
- Under guidance of New Product Engineers, work to complete projects and tasks as assigned. This includes setting-up and maintaining Critical Requirement documentation, defining prototype material needs and decisive ordering/delivery milestones, support development timeline and status maintenance and execute test plans.
- Ensure timely prototype execution, in collaboration with cross-functional team and in compliance with systems and procedures.
- Execute timely prototype review against Critical Requirement documentation and adhere to all service level agreements to meet the Product Development time to market calendar.
- Assist in the evaluation design and building of new prototypes and processes, ensuring verification/validation and alignment Critical Requirement documentation, prototypes, CAD models and drawings and manufacturing requirements.
- Expedite the transfer and pick-up of prototypes and components.
Documentation & Data
- Accurately and expediently measure, collect, analyze, present and communicate data and comparative documents to support the design, prototype fabrication and transition to manufacturing of new product.
- Coordinate and accurately maintain of all product related data and project requirements, including but not limited to part number set-up, Bill of Material/Route, cost, product specifications and work instructions, adhering to SOPs and best practices.
- Create and maintain project folders with all product related documentation, including but not limited to Critical Requirements document, CAD models and drawings, product and tooling estimated costs, material and tooling purchase requisitions, work instructions, testing and time studies, quality evaluations and reports, reference documents and prototype transfers. Ensure alignment with file management protocol, including nomenclature and transfer.
- Aid department metric data accuracy, collection and reporting - systematically and promptly documenting relevant activities.
- Generate, maintain, track, close and report on all project work orders, including but not limited to material adjustments, location transfers, inventory reconciliation and final disposition.
- Track and maintain CER/expense billing.
- Maintain milestone documents for weekly meetings. Ensure accurate and prompt update of all product status documents and reporting.
- Communicate any scarcity, shortages or excess inventory issues.
Leadership/ Project Management
- Facilitate new product planning meetings, agendas, recaps and follow-up actions.
- Maintain all project document repositories and ensure completion at project end.
- Process and communicate rapid costing scenarios for design concepts and production "should" cost for prototypes, identifying primary cost drivers.
- Track all work order movement and product costs.
- Track and maintain all CER/expense files.
- Adheres to safe work practices and the safety policies of the organization. Works to improve the safety of current and new processes under development.
Technology & Innovation
- Research and develop innovative processes, manufacturing techniques and/or tooling during the design, concept, and prototyping stages of the product lifecycle to improve throughput, reduce scrap/rework, improve product quality.
- Associates degree or equivalent
- 2 plus years related experience
- CAD skills
- Experience with a document management system (e.g. Adept)
- Knowledge of GD&T and basic measuring skills
- Ability to understand, communicate and create technical manufacturing documentation, including ability to read BOMs and routes and then relate them to drawings
- Strong communications skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft package (Word, Excel, Project)
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent technical discipline
- Minitab or equivalent skills
- JDE or business equivalent enterprise resource planning software
The hiring range for this position ranges from $67,405.00 - $85,000.00. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.