Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies. JOB PURPOSE
We have redefined our approach to Infrastructure DevOps - maintaining the responsibility of efficiency that comes from "run what you wrote", but without the 24x7x365 operational responsibility of dealing with outages, or routine tasks like patching and access management. So we're building out our core in-house Cloud Engineering capability under this new model.
This role is ideal for the Senior Engineer with an Architectural skew and strong Cloud Infrastructure expertise; who has hands on technical ability, can conduct end-to-end PoC's, and can bring their wealth of experience to life by defining our future with evolving technologies. This role will be responsible for the configuration, integration and automation of a wide-range of cloud technologies including, but not limited to, server and serverless compute, containerisation and container management, networking, messaging, IaC, IAM, version control, and logging - deployed through our CI/CD pipeline GitOps solution. Equally you must have developed your communication and emotional intelligence skills, to lead service providers, rather than figure out technical resolutions to issue at anti-social times. All this, while operating in a people and Diversity Equity and Inclusion focused working environment, and enjoying a range of company perks and competitive salary.
What we do:
We complement our brand, our physical store presence, and our sophisticated online platforms, with a global cross-cloud infrastructure, delivering our customer, commercial, and corporate digital services. We challenge the status quo, and seek to replicate the quality of our fashion products with the quality and ambition of our technology estate.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with mix of technology across AWS, Azure, and other hosting partners, you will;
- Reactively investigate, diagnose, resolve, and test cloud infrastructure issues raised to the team.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for measurement, automations and deployment improvements, as well as increased performance and stability.
- Bring your career experience to bear by providing insight of good working practices.
- Support the team, balance the demands of critical, short term, and long term objectives.
- Manage senior stakeholders.
Desirable experience configuring or using the following:
- Extensive experience of supporting DevOps teams that covers design, development and operational support.
- Good communication style with other domain experts to support a single end to end delivery goal and coordination between technology teams.
- Experience of managing senior stakeholders.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Software engineering mind-set.
- A degree in a computer science or related discipline is ideal.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong collaborative working style, as well as driving quality led practices in every aspect of their work.
- Agility to context switching between tasks to maximise overall team output.
- Verion Control: Git
Linux: Bash, Linux FS, SSH Key Management, Vim
Networking: DNS, Subnets, Gateways, DHCP, NAT, HTTPS, Firewalls, Load Balancers & Proxy Servers
Cloud: AWS or Azure services, Akamai (CDN)
CI/CD: Gitlab or Jenkins
Logging: One or more of the following (Grafana, ELK, Splunk, Prometheus, New Relic)
IaC: Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Packer
Containerisation: Docker, Kubernettes
IAM: SAML2, OAuth2, OpenID, Ping SSO
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || ICS OPERATIONS & EMPLOYEE || n/a ||