Infrastructure Delivery Engineer
- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 8 Jul 2023
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The Infrastructure Delivery Engineer will be responsible for supporting a number of key projects in the business. This is a key role within the delivery team of our Infrastructure team which will work closely with both our project management and architecture functions to ensure deliverables are met.
- Work closely with our Infrastructure Architects to support the process of defining infrastructure requirements based on business requests
- Support the design process by working closely with the Architects whilst also taking lead on some initiatives
- Ensure you fully understand the scope, risks and activities of project tasks allocated to yourself
- Own, plan and deliver the infrastructure requirements for any given project you are assigned to.
- Manage multiple deliveries concurrently whilst remaining focused and maintaining a meticulous eye for detail
- Keep the Project Manager informed of any project issues, where required discuss and work with other members of Delivery team to find a solution.
- Recognise situations where additional support or escalation is required
- Where relevant provide input into Status reports, Project Plans, RAID logs, Test Plans & Technical documents
- Work with the infrastructure operations (BAU) team to ensure infrastructure projects/ solutions are transitioned into the run environment, in line with service requirements
- Support the ongoing development of the wider team's objectives
- Extensive experience working within the infrastructure operations and delivery space.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Organised, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Can work individually but wants to be part of a highly motivated team with lots of ambition.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each project.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
EXTENSIVE IT INFRASTRUCTURE EXPERIENCE TO INCLUDE:
- Configuration, implementation and support of enterprise infrastructure with diverse solutions from multiple vendors.
- Expert knowledge of infrastructure technologies and their application across on-premise, cloud, IaaS, PaaS and hybrid environments.
- Experience with infrastructure solution design, adhering to business, architecture and security requirements
INFRASTRUCTURE HARDWARE/ SOFWARE TECHNOLOGIES KNOWLEDGE:
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows Server, SQL Server
- Cloud services: Azure, Amazon, GCP
- Storage: SAN Technologies, Amazon S3, Azure Storage
- Backup: Data Protector, Backup libraries, Cohesity
- Windows platforms: Active directory, Azure Active Directory, File Shares, SCCM, WSUS, Intune
- Database: SQL Server, MySQL, Amazon RDS, PostgreSQL
- Virtualisation Platforms: Citrix, VMWare, HPE SimpliVity
- Monitoring: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, Grafana
- Ticket Management: RemedyForce, JIRA
- Data Center / Hardware management
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || ICS OPERATIONS & EMPLOYEE || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert