At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
- Turn data into business analysis (WHAT & WHY) better understand current business performance and suggest meaningful actionable insights to improve financials or operations.
- Solve problems, develop hypotheses and suggest actionable recommendations.
- Enable digital business team members and stakeholders digest analysis to make fast, data -based decisions.
- Identify business opportunities within domains such as merchandising, marketing, CRM, web shop performance, or third parties, resulting in incremental sales or efficiencies.
REPORTING: Track & report business KPIs through various domains (including but not limited to product, performance, customer, marketing, online shop & 3 parties), to relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Translate gathered KPIs into engaging, actionable, and easy to digest fact-based insights shared through ad hoc or recurring reports/dashboards or visualizations
- Analyse and evaluate the effectiveness of business activities supported by data-based reasoning & conclusions, drilling down deep into details and discovering the WHYs behind the WHATs
- Generate insights from the data to recommend hypotheses, tests & actions for future optimizations
- Formulate business cases for new or improved business development opportunities (projects or seasonal initiatives)
COMMUNICATION & PRESENTATION: You will share your work and learnings in a clear, concise and easy to understand form providing suitable recommendations and conclusions.
STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: You'll proactively share key insights and trends on a regular basis with the immediate and wider teams.
SELF DEVELOPMENT: You'll be responsible for staying up to date with industry trends and developments across eCommerce, marketing & digital, share and promote best practices within the organization. PERSONAL PROFILE
- 7+ years of professional work experience as an Ecommerce Analyst or a similar role
- Understanding of e-commerce & 3P digital landscapes with a strong view on how to increase sales, conversion, and engagement throughout customer journeys.
- Business acumen and ability to transform data into actionable insights, understanding trends and patterns
- Experience in several domains within Ecommerce is a plus (e.g., Merchandising, CRM, performance marketing, marketplaces, Web & App Analytics).
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Professional experience in Data Visualization/dashboarding, Report generation
- Good problem-solving skills with an analytical mindset & a team player attitude
- Experience in the fashion or retail sector is a plus.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
MEASURES OF SUCCESS Standardized regular or ad hoc reports/dashboards presented in a timely manner for business review Communication of performance to relevant stakeholders in a easily visualized format Insights recommended along with proposed solutions converted into actions based on data Results and learnings shared creating a constant learn, test, implement culture Strong connection with HQ to ensure consistency with global reporting Derive business cases backed by data for new or improved business development opportunities FOOTER
- Database: Experience with modern data warehouse/lake house platforms like Databricks, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc. is very 'desirable'
- BI Applications: Looker, Power BI or Tableau (or any other enterprise level BI/visualization tool)
- Languages: SQL, Python (proficiency in at min one)
- Web Analytics: Content Square, Google Analytics/Data Studio, Adobe Analytics ( or equivalent digital analytics tool )
- Operations: Jira, Confluence, Advanced Excel skills
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
- Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $105,000.00 and $115,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
- This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || RETAIL OFFLINE || AMERICAS - RETAIL MANAGEMENT || n/a ||