Acne Studios is looking for a Planner to join the Global planning team. The role will be an integral part of the Buying & Planning organisation, managing full product life cycle for DTC Channels (Retail and Digital), covering pre-season analysis, assortment and OTB planning, optimizing sales and stock opportunities, follow up seasonal performance and contribute to Mark Down strategies. The planning team puts the customer first and focuses on pushing the maximum sales potential for the brand.
- Define OTB budgets for DTC buying encompassing historic data and future business strategies
- Close collaboration with Buying dept through order placement and trading in season
- Ensure team deliver the best ST% result, maximising full price sales
- Contribute to end of season Mark Down offer and strategy
- Strong collaboration with Business Controlling to review and update sales targets
- Collaborate with Production on NOS items, suggest and monitor incoming repeats by region, ensuring right levels and timely delivery plan
- Develop & Present sales and stock reports with the wider business; weekly, monthly & seasonal frequency
- Steering the team to be agile and open minded, resolving all challenges as they come
- Driving development and improvement of tools and processes for the department to support business expansion and growing complexity
- Monitor flow of stock intake, take action to ensure allocation to all channels is optimized and in time for launches
- Provides analysis to continuously identifying global & regional assortment opportunities, product trends, sizes dynamics and deliver recommendations based on findings
- Optimise sizing through analysis in season and work on size curves by store / category to assist in the future buying strategies
- Recommends and executes store-to-store merchandise consolidations based on sales performance.
- Move stock between regional warehouses based on forecasted demand. Limiting number of shipments with better forecasting to reduce cost and environmental impact
- Working with +50 retail stores across EMEA, US, China and APAC – gathering collection feedback, maximising sales opportunities by understanding clients, capacity and assortment differences, managing stock levels based on store feedback and own analysis
- Support with any ongoing team projects, collaborating with other departments effectively
- BA or MA degree in Business / Economics / Fashion
- Minimum 4 years planning or merchandising experience within fashion retail
- Strong understanding of the international fashion market
- Competence working with RTW and accessories
- Advance competence of Excel and Powerpoint
- Solution oriented & highly collaborative across departments
- Comfortable with problem solving and always having an agile and open mind
- Able to take qualitative insights and transform into strategies & actions
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Being flexible and at the same time structured and organized, able to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, detail-oriented and accurate strong organizational and time management skills
We may perform background checks for this position.
Acne Studios is a Swedish fashion house with a multidisciplinary approach and global presence. Founded in 1996, the focus is on elevated ready-to-wear and accessories. Through founder and Creative Director Jonny Johansson’s interest in art, photography, music, architecture, and contemporary culture, Acne Studios has found an alternative path to fashion and creativity. Acne Studios has seen double-digit growth for most years since its inception with a turnover of >250 EUR million.
Acne Studios operates through own distribution channels and wholesale partners with >60 own stores worldwide, including flagship stores in Stockholm, Paris, Milan, London, New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Tokyo, and Beijing. Each store has a unique distinctive character, yet with common key design elements reflecting the Acne Studios brand identity.
The Acne Studios Head Office is located in Stockholm, in a brutalist masterpiece that formerly housed the Czechoslovakian Embassy. Completely restored to facilitate a fashion school-like atmosphere, the overall aesthetic is again a reflection of the Acne Studios brand identity, telling the story of its history and global vision. Acne Studios also operates offices in Paris, New York, Shanghai, and Empoli outside Florence.
Following its ambitious sustainability work and focus on supplier relationships and longevity, Acne Studios has been independently verified as “Leader” by Fair Wear Foundation for six consecutive years. Acne Studios is an official member of the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode since 2013.