Manager, Coach Foundation
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
This position provides overall support of the priorities and projects set by the Director of the Coach Foundation. Key responsibilities include: oversight of the Coach Foundation's Dream it Real program including internal and external communications and engagement, report writing, strategic planning support, and measurement and evaluation of nonprofits in the Foundation's global portfolio focused on higher education.
About the Coach Foundation: Coach began with the dream of first- generation American immigrants. In the many years since, Coach has paid that success forward through the Coach Foundation, creating opportunities for underrepresented young people to pursue their passions. The Coach Foundation provides financial support, access to educational resources and mentorship, and amplifies courageous stories to help remove barriers for those who have the courage to dream. Since our founding in 2008, the Coach Foundation has donated over $65 million to nonprofits around the world. Through our Dream It Real mission focused on providing opportunities and removing barriers for the next generation, the Coach Foundation and has a goal to provide 5,000 scholarships to historically underrepresented and marginalized youth by 2025. The Coach Foundation works with a portfolio of nonprofits partners across the United States, China, Japan, and the United Kingdom that work to support non-traditional and traditional education past high school, whether at a professional training program, a community college, or a college or university.
Learn more at coach.com/coachfoundation.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Social Impact to...
- Manage the Coach Foundation's core program- Dream It Real- to further integrate our social impact commitments and initiatives across the business and our deepen brand's purpose, The Courage to Be Real.
- Oversee the Coach Foundation's internal and external communications and engagement strategies, including:
- Lead Coach Foundation internal communications for our global stores and corporate offices to increase program awareness and engagement through communications channels and Coach events
- Lead global store engagement & client relationship strategy to connect with our stores and customers about the Coach Foundation's work
- Partner with the Coach PR, marketing, and events team to support Coach Foundation external communications and brand led campaigns to our customers. Support social campaigns and manage Coach Foundation website update requests.
- Support storytelling of Coach Dream It Real scholars- to amplify their courageous stories and how they are dreaming it real.
- Own Coach Foundation annual planning to align external and internal impact initiatives into a comprehensive calendar and cohesive view of activity across the business. Lead opporutnities for continued integration across the business.
- Lead grantee reporting and evaluation including quantitative outcomes and non-quantitative KPIs for student impact; expertise in nonprofit reporting, metrics, and evaluation. Specifically, create impact reporting templates for designated grantees to monitor metrics on a quarterly basis and track grant progress and outcomes. The manager will also be responsible for creating a long term KPI templates to track progress over time.
- Lead the writing and execution of the Annual Coach Foundation Impact Report, along with ad hoc reporting requests
- Help source opportunities for theFoundation's industry engagement strategy including participation at leadership engagements at top industry conferences and convenings. The manager will be responsible for helping planthe Coach Foundation's participation at 1-2 industry events/year
- Support the expansion of Dream It Real to help recommend high impact charities in key global regions.
- Build relationships with our nonprofit partners, our scholars, and the beneficiaries we work with
- Support Coach Foundation Board meetings (presentation prep, budget, reporting)
- Support the Director in corporate foundation best practices, governance, social impact insights, strategic planning, and research in the youth equity space
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Corporate Social Impact experience (at a brand or corporate foundation); Bachelors Degree required.
- Additional experience in equity education for the next generation
- Strong network of contacts in social impact/ the nonprofit sector; connections to industry leadership opportunities
- Experience with brand philanthropic campaigns, activations, customer engagements
- Has the ability to dream big; reach new heights and can set a vision for the future
- Ability to lead with limited oversight ; go-getter with a can do attitude; drive for results and customer centricity
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector with ability to bring new investing ideas forward and evaluate nonprofit organizations through 990 reviews, financial and legal governance reviews, and annual reports.
- Passion for social impact and impact investing
- Strategic thinking and ability to lead high profile projects with focus and organization
- Communication and storytelling skills to clearly amplify the work of the Foundation
- Work with Tapestry global teams; ability to build diverse and collaborative relationships.
- Organization and computer skills, including advanced features in PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
An outstanding professional will have...
- Initiative/Getting Things Done
- Results-oriented mindset and orientation to track towards the Foundation's external commitments
- Ability to handle multiple and shifting priorities; self-organized and efficient.
- Proactively initiates changes to improve work processes.
- Relationships & Influence
- Ability to interact with senior executives and staff at all levels.
- Understanding of the roles/responsibilities of different functions in a global company
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Approaches challenges with creativity, resourcefulness, and sound judgment.
- Added Skills/Interests
- Sense of humor and interest in fostering a productive and fun work culture.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
BASE PAY RANGE $85,000.00 TO $105,000.00
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary
A RICH HERITAGE
Coach was founded in 1941 as a family-run workshop. In a Manhattan loft, six artisans handcrafted a collection of leather goods using skills handed down from generation to generation. Discerning consumers soon began to seek out the quality and unique nature of Coach craftsmanship.
Now greatly expanded, Coach continues to maintain the highest standards for materials and workmanship. Coach’s exceptional workforce remains committed to carefully upholding the principles of quality and integrity that define the company. We attribute the prominence of the Coach brand to the unique combination of our original American attitude and design, our heritage of fine leather goods and custom fabrics, our superior product quality and durability, and our commitment to customer service.
CRAFTING THE FUTURE
Coach is a global leader in premium handbags and accessories. Building upon our strong brand and business equities, we are in the process of transforming from an international accessories business to a global lifestyle brand, anchored in accessories, presenting a clear and compelling expression of the Coach woman and man across all product categories, store environments and brand imagery. In addition, we are leveraging the global opportunity for Coach by raising brand awareness and building market share in markets where Coach is under-penetrated, through our directly operated businesses most notably in Asia and Europe.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert