Allocator I, Merchandise (WHBM) - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 9 Jul 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
This position is responsible for merchandise allocation for assigned categories. Duties include initial sizing of purchase orders, purchase order allocation, Bi-weekly replenishment, and cross-functional partnership to ensure the proper merchandise assortment for stores and online. While this entry point role will be active in managing inventory for a specified department, this is a learning role.
- Develops allocation strategies in tandem with direct leader, by floorset aimed at maximizing sales and minimizing markdowns.
- Executes allocation strategy with initial and flow purchase orders being thoughtfully worked prior to arrival at Distribution Center.
- Manages replenishment of current styles to boost inventory productivity by channel.
- Owns analysis to size level, identify and action future opportunities while sizing all purchase orders for department.
- Monitors and tracks inbound purchase orders, working with Logistics, Merchants and Planners to strategically mitigate risks to business.
- Reviews and analyzes weekly business results, interpreting results, identifying solutions and communicating action points to cross functional team.
- Undertakes new store allocations by analyzing sister store to determine depth needs for department, considering available merchandise, promotional activity and floorset placement to drive strategy.
- Communicates and partners with Merchant, Planner, Sourcing, Store Planner and Logistics as needed to drive business.
- Participates in Product Life Cycle meetings, contributing the Allocation perspective and data analysis designed to drive impactful business results.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree required; in Business, Finance, Operations, or related field preferred
- 1--3 years' professional experience in corporate retail preferred; experience with an apparel specialty retailer also preferred
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively with flexibility to shift focus/priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player that exhibits excellent "team work" abilities
- Strong PC proficiency with a strong emphasis in Excel
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert