Senior Global Transportation Analyst
- Ralph Lauren
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2023
- Senior Manager
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The senior analyst will support the manager of Global Transportation Development in transport freight bids and contract management in global aspect which is a control tower role. He/she needs to work on freight bids analysis, development scenarios based on business target, drive the balance between cost and lead time, manage relationship with transport partners and internal stakeholders, measure performance results regularly. The senior analyst also assists to develop and implement global transport Initiatives, constantly review current processes and recommend improvements, whenever applicable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Support global freight bids, provide analysis and other supporting functions in the bid process
* Maintain freight data flow and global freight contracts
* Co-lead researching and executing supply chain initiatives and ad hoc projects
* Monitor ongoing performance of implemented initiatives and processes
* Support transport initiatives and other supply chain projects for continuous improvement
* Identify improvement/ savings opportunities
* Create and develop presentations
* Participate and lead meetings with internal and external
* Support regular reporting
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Degree holder in relevant discipline
* Minimum 5 years logistics and freight forwarding experience. Experience in a high-fashion dynamic business environment
* Experience in ocean freight forwarding would be a plus
* Fluent in oral and written English and Mandarin
* Fast efficient analytical and numerical skills, and problem-solving skills
* Able to work cross-functionality in a complex multi-national organization
* Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint). Knowledge in MS Project, Visio & Access is a plus
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert