Senior Project Manager Architecture
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 6 Jul 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
•Manage site survey with external architect in assisting complete project kick off package in connection with regional business development manager and regional President
• The preparation, discussion, communication and updating of programmes, schedules and other documentation to monitor objectives regarding timing of the Project against actual progress
• Maintain the Global Project Planner updated on a weekly basis with high accuracy according to agreed formatting rules
• To work in accordance with the Burberry Architecture processes, including any updates and guidance notes
• To define and keep an updated project cost plan covering all aspects of the planned CAPEX for projects by closely aligned / coordinated with the respective Construction Cost & Contract Manger from budget to final account and reporting.
•To manage, ensure performance, carry out inspections both on and off-site of the works by the General Contractor /Millworker and the specialist contractors and suppliers to the intent that the Project shall be completed in accordance with the Programme, the Cost Plan and the design approved by Burberry in writing and to a quality consistent with a luxury store.
•To arrange and chair regular progress review meetings (on-site and off-site) in English, attended by Burberry, the Development Team and the general contractor
• Work in accordance with the project lifecycle in order to exploit opportunities and apply agreed initiatives in sustainability matters. Objectives range from migrant worker policy, waste management, and energy efficiencies, and building certification (BREEAM / LEED)
•To actively participate in value engineering exercises.
• At least 7 years retail project experience, luxury brand preferably
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience managing construction projects in related field.
• Excellent spoken and written English, Mandarin
• High level of computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft office/ MS project/ AutoCad/Adobe
• LEED GA, AP qualification is advantageous Experience
• Experience gained at manager level in a corporate client based organisation or specialist consultancy
• Shows leadership skills and is prepared to drive hard and challenge project teams comprised of internal and external professionals probing and questioning in a constructive manner.
• Good knowledge of the construction process and procurement with retail experience a plus
• Ability to manage Architectural drawing coordination, MS project and analyse a construction schedule, as well as, ability to complete one
• Ability to manage consultants and local teams to ensure timely completion and maintenance of global standard for all projects
• Communication skills both written and oral - many times communicating in cultures where English is the secondary language
• Some travel required.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Hong Kong S.A.R || Not Applicable || Hong Kong S.A.R || ARCHITECTURE || SAP - ARCHITECTURE CONSTRUCTION || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert