Head Athletics Coaches will report to the athletic director, and will be responsible for managing all facets of the team in accordance with NJCAA, NE District, Region XV, and FIT Athletics rules and regulations.
- Assuming full responsibility for student-athlete welfare and team operations during all team-related proceedings.
- Upholding all applicable FIT, and FIT Athletics rules and regulations
- Recommending appointment/retention of assistant coach, team manager and scorekeeper; providing supervision for these staff members.
- Recruiting quality student-athletes based on academic goals as well as athletic ability.
- Attending all practices and meets; providing team and individual skill development.
- Scheduling, planning and organizing practice sessions
- Scheduling regional and competitive non-region regular season competitions
- Planning and coordinating of team travel arrangements
- Managing team budget and keeping strict records of all expenditures and receipts
- Entering athletes for scheduled competitions as required by competition directors
- Recording and reporting scores, statistics and team records
- Reporting results and providing competition summaries for promotion online and on social media
- Entering scores and statistics on the NJCAA website within 24 hours after each competition
- Completing region-mandated evaluations of match officials
- Reviewing equipment / apparel inventory and preparing orders after each season
- Promoting the team by participating in various events / activities on and off campus
- Overseeing team academic success and personal growth in team members
- Attending required coaches' meetings and completing trainings as assigned
- Some driving may be required
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Outstanding managerial, organizational, technological and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain CPR / AED certification prior to the time of appointment.
- Lifeguard certification (Swimming & Diving only)
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Availability for practices and competitions
- Availability for occasional overnight trips, especially postseason competitions
- Four (4) years of successful head coaching experience in an academic setting.
- History of success in the areas of recruiting, player development and fostering holistic success in team members.
- A valid driver's license in good standing
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Frequent; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Occasional
Office, Classroom or Outdoors
Sit- Occasional; Stand- Constant; Bend- Frequent; Walk- Constant; Climb- Occasional; Pull- Occasional; Push- Occasional; Lift Additional Information:
Days/Hours: Varies, depending on sport, in person; occasional overnight trips and weekends.
Stipend: $5,835- $13,261 per annum (based on sport qualifications and budgetary allowance)
Terms: FIT coaching positions consist of at-will appointments that last for one fiscal year, and do not carry any medical, annual leave, sick leave, or other fringe benefit entitlement.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled or as needed.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply online and attach the following documents; http://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com. EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for Head Athletics Coaches in the following sports: Cross Country, Dance, Men's Tennis, Swimming & Diving, Table Tennis, Track & Field, Women's Soccer, Women's Tennis and Women's Volleyball.
FIT Athletics & Recreation, an NJCAA DIII member institution, aims to support Fashion Institute of Technology in its mission to produce self-reliant graduates who are poised for a lifetime of success, and who will be a credit to the institution, their communities and the world. The department mission is to provide a safe and welcoming environment for student involvement, learning and school spirit opportunities enriching both body and mind as a way of promoting holistic health and wellbeing.