Please note that this role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
The role sits within the Services portfolio (non-stock Procurement) which is a global team located in both Leeds and London. The Services team's purpose is to ensure Burberry receive the best possible value from it's third party suppliers, driving innovation from the market place and minimising risks relating to the supply of Services.
As a Category Manager for Corporate Services, managing circa £80m spend annually, this role is responsible for partnering with the business across a range of sub-categories (Professional Services, Tax, Insurance, HR, Consultancy and Contingent Labour) to deliver optimum commercial outcomes and deliver directly to Burberry's P&L. This role will support both strategic projects and day to day activities across Commercial Procurement and work with a range of stakeholders across our offices globally.
In addition this role is accountable for UK Contingent Labour Management at Burberry and is responsible for the operational management of Burberry's MSP (Managed service provider) as well as key Stakeholder relationships within Burberry. The role is accountable for managing performance within the agreed service levels and key performance indicators which are reported on an ongoing basis.
This is a key UK role to ensure the business meets and maintains compliance with its status as Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) and IR35 legislation ensuring ingoing governance and process adherence.RESPONSIBILITIES
Delivery and measures of success
- Category management for assigned category(ies), and provision of support as required across other categories
- Engaging and managing stakeholders and suppliers
- Development and implementation of procurement strategies
- Work with Legal and Info-Sec to ensure quality contracts are in place with credible suppliers
- Provide regular reporting on savings, projects and supplier performance
- Take an active role in lifting the activities of the procurement team to World Class Excellence level
- Participate in ad hoc projects to support Burberry growth providing expertise procurement input for category based initiatives
- Management of Burberry's UK MSP provider including quarterly business reviews and reporting against KPIs
- Build relationships with relevant Stakeholders and establish your role as subject matter expert on contingent labour management, AEO, IR35 legislation and AWR.
- Ensuring governance and compliance of contractor background screening safeguarding Burberry's AEO accreditation, including an ongoing auditing programme and performance management of MSP and other third party agencies.
- Ensuring governance and compliance management of contingent workforce post April 2021 in line with IR35 changes.
- Identifying and implementing a programme for continuous improvement
- Delivery of agreed financial objectives
- Delivery of agreed sourcing strategies with stakeholder alignment. Plans are in place and recognised and approved by the stakeholder.
- Production of high quality analysis and delivery of true category 'insight'. Including feedback from the stakeholders.
- Be seen as a valued business partner by business.
- Take ownership of all policies in respect of contingent labour, IR35 and compliance and internal relationship management, the successful candidate will ensure that Supplier contracts are being delivered in line with the agreed contract, to the level of performance and quality, or that non-compliance or risk of non-compliance is escalated at the earliest moment to key teams.
- Full management and due diligence of contingent labour ensuring one channel to market through Burberrys MSP. Be the central point of communication for Burberry's contingent labour matters, acting as the SME for all contingent labour matters, including Burberry's VMS system. Ownership of all management information & reporting
- Escalate any risks, concerns, or liabilities in relation to AEO, IR35 or other contingent labour matters
- Annually identify and implement benchmark job categories & all applicable pay rate scales for Burberry, ensuring market competitiveness and cost savings where applicable.
- Conduct annual and ad-hoc audits to assure compliance with policy on both the MSP and any third party agency managed under the contingent labour category
- Deliver and identify areas for annual cost savings
- Apply understanding of assigned business processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
- Work closely with the business, and secondary suppliers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions
- Extensive operational and commercial experience in the majority of assigned category areas
- Experience of forming and managing effective Stakeholder and Supplier relationships
- Experienced working in fast faced, fluid and challenging environments, demonstrating innovation and continuous improvement
- Highly commercial and numerate
- Great customer facing skills
- Ability to deliver tangible results whilst working in a challenging and ever changing environment
- Ability to face and resolve multiple issues in a collaborative manner
- Good Excel /analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to flex between highly strategic thinking and 'getting the job done'
- Collaborative, pragmatically minded individual that brings others with them on a journey of cultural change
- Self-motivated, high energy level, and a positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a flexible environment
- Strong negotiator, demonstrated resilience and ability to respectfully challenge while maintaining balance and warmth of professional relationships
- Flexible, prepared to get into the detail, as well as see the big picture
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9024 || n/a ||