Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
As the Associate Manager, you support the General Manager at our Auburn Hills, MI Location in the creation of strategic plans, managing the execution of plans to ensure a profitable business. Associate Managers are key decision makers in the absence of the General Manager, in addition to owning their duty of responsibility. Success is achieved through operational excellence, optimizing talent and new ways of selling, while ensuring the highest level of brand integrity standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Support the General Manager in analyzing business trends and strategic planning of business initiatives for your store location
* Understand and educate your team on sales and profit performance tools and resources
* Create a consistent customer experience aligned to RL brand expectations by supporting the store vision
* Assist in the creation of the store client development strategy and lead community outreach in your market
* Execute the talent strategy set for your store, collaborating with the General Manager to build and develop a team with the customer at its core, who can deliver the store vision
* Drive networking and recruitment activities in your store market
* Actively engage in ongoing talent development conversations, providing employees coaching, feedback and learning opportunities
* Maintain exceptional productivity standards through managing processes and store execution, including supporting with inventory control and management to achieve store shrink goals.
* Champion use of new technology in support of New Ways of Selling techniques and More Ways to Shop to drive business result
* Uphold all company policies and procedures
* Provide feedback to General Manager & District Director, identifying high profit potential and category business trends for your store market
* Ensure sales floor and all store standards exceed expectations at all times
* Create an inclusive environment aligned to core Ralph Lauren Company values and Cultural Focus Areas
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Retail Management or similar industry experience in a complex, high-volume or high-profile specialty environment preferred
* Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel
* Ability to maneuver around the sales floor, stock/dressing room, cashwrap and office; work around/with chemicals, lift/climb up to 30 lbs. and climb moderately
* Ability to operate the register, stand, move and walk for multiple hours
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require day, evening, weekends and may include overnight shifts and travel (as required)
* Proven track record of success, including a demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with customers, management and co-workers.
* Business acumen
* Strong planning and prioritization/time management skills