Manager, Information Technology (IS)
- Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
As a key member of the Merchandising and Operations Systems Team, the individual will need strong communication and organizational skills to collaborate with business partners, vendors, and other Tapestry internal team members. They will drive projects, services and operations across the IT organization and across different brand teams:
- Own and drive application support, including production issues and the delivery of technology solutions to support the global suppl chain's strategic initiatives and goals
- Be accountable in the management of projects from discovery to adoption, within budget and on-time
- Represent Tapestry's values and IT as needed within Vietnam and the surrounding regions within the Far East
- Execute and support technology initiatives related to the Tapestry global supply chain
- Lead systems development efforts through full project lifecycle ensuring
timeline, quality and gaining business alignments.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with key business partners
- Deliver merchandising and operations application solutions with flexibility and sustainability
The accomplished individual will possess the following personal characteristics...
- A solid interpretation of providing system solutions to the business
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong creative problem solving and business analysis skills
- Has a sense of urgency and responsibility
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Great project management skills
- A curiosity to learn, grow and understand how to think like a leader and, become a trusted and respected partner within Tapestry and with its external partners
- A strong desire to be part of a winning team
- Humility to respect and recognize individual and team contributions, seeing the value different backgrounds and experiences can bring to the team and the challenges we are trying to solve (there are only good ideas; some may not fit this challenge but are still valuable)
- Must be adaptable -adjusts quickly to changes in business or IT strategy
- Fluent spoken and written English is required
- Undergraduate degree required
An outstanding professional will have...
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience, and 5 years with a focus in Supply Chain, ideally within the Fashion industry
- Excellent oral and written English skills with the ability to communication appropriately with partners at every level
- Can break-down complex ideas into simple concepts, to build alignment and understanding across all partners
- Great data analytical skills to assess performance of people, processes and systems
- Experience with large-scale, cross functional and international project implementations
The ability and willingness to work off-hours and on weekends as needed, to work with global partners and to deliver solutions off core-business-hours
- Enterprise-wide understanding of business & systems
- Experience with the following systems is ideal: Service Now; Product Lifecycle Management, Supply Chain Collaboration (SCC by E2OPne/ecVision), ERP - a mix of custom developed & industry solutions, such as SAP Experience within the retail fashion or other consumer goods industry is a big plus
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
BASE PAY RANGE TO Monthly (12)
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. We believe that true luxury is a freedom of expression that ignites confidence and authenticity.
Approachable and inviting, we celebrate brands that create joy every day for people around the world. Our passion, detailed approach, and genuine love of what we do enable us to develop and nurture brands so that they can reach their full potential.
The value of our brands is not bestowed by previous generations or borrowed from tradition. It is determined by quality, craftsmanship, and creativity—and the opportunity for self-expression that they provide. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea and, with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert