Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. OVERVIEW
Work closely with Business Leaders to improve operational processes and inventory control management. Lead, manage and inspire a diverse team, balancing creativity with commerce to execute in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. You will focus on delivering an exceptional client experience through execution and support of corporate and store initiatives. You will build and cultivate a motivated, skilled, and equipped operations team in store. Your focus is to develop and implement processes to drive sales, manage expenses, and identify opportunities for the businesses you support. You will ensure a shopping environment that is clean, neat, and easy to shop, manage inventory shortage, adhere to Loss Prevention standards and ensure support of workload completion. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Fueled by the Power of Relationships
Driven by our Desire to Win
- Develop and retain support colleagues representative of the Bloomingdale's brand and diversity to maximize performance.
- Manage operational functions within a family of business by partnering with support executives, driving sales, standards, service, and execution.
- Deliver operations metrics within family of business. Metrics include: Expense, Shortage, EBIT, Productivity, Cycle Counts and Inventory.
- Coordinate onboarding/training for operations/support colleagues in partnership with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Drive business opportunities through strategic placement and development of support talent.
- Achieve Net Promoter Score (NPS) goal.
- Drive service and achieve success as measured by the NPS.
- Monitor staffing comments on NPS and with staffing team address issues/opportunities.
- Address facility/housekeeping issues in partnership with Operations Management, Visual Merchandise Managers and Asset Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Achieve Sales Plan.
- Develop/deliver in store seasonal shortage reduction strategies.
- Ensure 100% compliance with all merchandising, product limit and brand image strategies.
- Drive sales volume through team focus and strategic leadership of people and resources.
- Organize/maintain back of house areas to support presentation standards/floor replenishment. Partner with Visual Merchandise Manager (VMM), operations/support team, and in store leadership team to execute merchandising strategies.
- Work in store within store leadership team to drive Big Days through execution of promotional and key day strategies.
- Achieve all productivity metrics.
- 1-2 years of leadership/managerial experience, preferably within Retail or Fashion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Requires ability to manage people, resources and workflow independently and effectively with minimal direction to drive business outcomes.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to build cross functional relationships.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- It also involves stooping, kneeling, crouching or ladder climbing.
- Able to lift 10lbs.