Supports the Strategic Sourcing team to negotiate and manage product costs, source High Jewelry (HJ) suppliers, and manage High Jewelry supplier relationships to meet Tiffany & Co.'s capacity and margin requirements. Provides input and analysis to support the development and onboarding of jewelry manufacturers. Key Accountabilities
- Supports Make vs. Buy High Jewelry (HJ) supplier selection activities based on detailed knowledge of supplier capabilities, performance history, etc.
- Negotiates and manages product costs throughout development and full lifecycle for domestic supplier base across all product categories.
- Works with team members to seek cost reduction and process improvement opportunities - engages suppliers in the process.
- Manages (HJ) supplier relationship and coordinates with cross-functional teams on quality, payment, development, and logistical topics.
- Maintains capability matrix and knowledge of supplier base.
- Sends new supplier RFIs/RFPs and supports onboarding of new suppliers in accordance with business needs.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
Metrics and Analysis
- Conducts savings and cost avoidance analysis to achieve annual savings goals.
- Develops and maintains (HJ) supplier scorecard and one pagers.
- Creates analysis of supplier business spend and shares recommendations with manager to support business goals.
- Analyzes and shares consolidated summary of new product costs by collection with Merchandising team.
- Performs ad hoc supplier risk monitoring.
- Supports metal and diamond traceability initiatives in collaboration with Responsible Sourcing and Sustainability teams.
- Plans supply strategies and plans and conducts sourcing projects by engaging stakeholders and the required cross-functional resources.
- Other Ad hoc projects and duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate safety leadership by adherence to workplace safety policies and procedures. Recognize and positively reinforce good safety behaviors while delivering immediate, specific and constructive feedback to employees who demonstrate unsafe work behavior.
- Bachelor's degree
- High-end jewelry manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated experience in conducting category management or strategic sourcing initiatives
- Advanced MS Office computer skills - specifically Excel and Access
- Strong organizational, verbal communication, writing and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving and analytics skills, strong work ethic
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Project management experience
- Master's degree
- Conversational communication skills in a second language
- Professional qualification / certification from related professional body, (ISM - CPM / CSCP or CPIM, APICS)
The hiring range for this position ranges from $88,740.00 - $104,400.00. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.