Senior Manager - Business Intelligence Platforms Architect
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 6 Jul 2023
- Senior Manager
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
You will add real value in helping to drive and strengthen the SAP Business Intelligence Competency with a focus in the business intelligence arena (but not exclusively).
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key contacts
• Understand the current business processes and the future plans
• Head up the SAP BI competency working with offshore and onsite delivery of BI projects
• Ensure alignment with our roadmaps and enterprise architecture principles, standards and governance process
• Ensure that the solution architecture balances functional, service quality and operational management requirements but remains bound by relevant commercial, business function and technical constraints
• Share and collaborate on technology solutions with other stakeholders, especially implementation partners to ensure skills are developed in-house and knowledge is retained
• Communicate portfolio of content and reusable solutions to suppliers and partners, ensuring the most appropriate deployment of their technology and products as possible
• work with the business to analyse issues and find solutions to complex business scenarios
• work with other it team members to ensure that there is integration within the solution
• Manage relationships with external suppliers to ensure that work undertaken meets requirements and is delivered in a timely manner to quality standards.
• govern projects that are delivered by implementation partners
• Work closely with the Big Data Analytics team defining a clear partnership across all Data and Information platforms.
• Hands on experience of full lifecycle, production-scale SAP Business Intelligence implementations focusing on Enterprise HANA and BW on Hana and BW4/HANA
• Knowledge of XS development artefacts such as OData, SAPUI5, XSJS and ideally XSA
• Experience of data modelling which may include experience of modelling and transformation of data in SAP and non-SAP systems
• Knowledge of Visualization in Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects, Tableau, SAP Analytics Cloud
• Detailed understanding of Data Warehousing concepts
• Hands on skills in SQL development.
• Knowledge of ETL methodologies and capabilities including EIM, SLT and ideally Data Services.
• Ability to manage and guide offshore teams
• Analyse business requirements, business processes, business case and/or technical architectures and develop blueprint and/or designs as per best practices
• Thought leader in areas of SAP Business Intelligence Architecture and Information Strategy.
• Keeps up to date with trends, roadmaps and developments in BI and Analytics in respect to SAP
• Understanding of Business process in the retail sector would be desirable
• Understanding of Big Data/Data Lake architecture would be desirable
• Knowledge of SAPs data capabilities in BTP (Such as Datasphere) would be desirable
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert