Senior Manager, PR/Communications & Influence (Six Month Maternity Cover
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
In partnership with the VP of Marketing and Comms, create and drive Communications + Influence strategy for the Americas (USA, Canada, Mexico + Brazil), supporting the evolving needs of the brand message and driving new audiences to engage with Burberry. Understand local needs to deliver high profile activity focused on brand, product and cultural relevance. Understands that Brand Communications is an eco system of multiple variables inclusive of press, people, cultural conversation and Brand emotional messaging. This is a hybrid position based out of our New York City corporate office.
• Lead Americas external Communications and Cultural Influence across Brand messaging, product and community development.
• Develop an innovative approach to the Marketing Calendar, bringing planning to life with a thoughtful communications strategy. Propose new ideas, test run new platforms and methods of engagement.
• Budget oversight + Management agreed with VP Marketing and Comms.
• Work closely with Marketing + Events partners to tailor plans and develop strong regional moments e.g. new flagships stores, Community engagement programs, Product driven Influencer partnerships and press placement
• Understand the need for creative storytelling as the primary measure in press and product placement
• Dive into the history of Burberry and incorporate the spirit of the brand into new environments.
• Pursue cultural movements within music, the arts, gaming (to name a few), identify brand partners and opportunities
• Ensure execution of all agreed plans, including tracking ROI against all initiatives
• Propose and lead strategic planning for Brand initiatives in line with Marketing Calendar.
• Work closely with wholesale, retail and Client Engagement, to ensure influencer programming and press are reaching the retail network and supporting needs.
• Understand that Communications is an ECO System - create 360 plans inclusive of media+ influencers - work with agencies when needed
• Own, build and maintain key Media relationships at Director levels within publications (brand/fashion and business). Ensure new outlets are introduced to the brand in a timely manner
• Maintain a keen interest in current events and contemporary culture. Propose new activity in line with emerging trends and conversations
• Understand external climate and be able to pivot planning when and if needed
• Be socially minded, with a people first mentality. Consider the consumer and human behavior within all strategic planning and proposals.
• Strive to be an expert in this region. Understanding the nuances between not just countries, but states.
• Work well with HFH London teams
• Work with Press agencies when needed (Canada + Mexico)
• Work with regional partners (Brazil)
• Coach, develop and maximise the success of all reports
• Attract, identify and retain top talent. Develop bench strength in the team
• Inspire others to trust and follow
• Lead and influence change
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
- Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $120,000.00 and $140,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
- This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || MARKETING || AMERICAS - PUBLIC RELATIONS || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert