JOB SUMMARYJOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Support the Director, Visual Merchandising, Asia in planning and executing all Visual related activities for the SEA & AUS region. This role will be assisting in managing the communication between stores, internal cross-functional corporate departments as well as external business partners. He/she is required to assist in creating a store environment that promotes our brand, showcases and moves our products and delights our customers. He/she will need to have a well-developed understanding of the Tory Burch visual presentation standards and be able to support both the administrative and creative needs of the business.
This position will need to have a well-developed understanding of the Tory Burch Visual Presentation standards and strong business acumen - effectively balancing aesthetics with productivity, and be extremely creative and an effective communicator and trainer.
He/ she will also provide communication channels throughout the regions to give VM information, plan and strategy and reach VM team and operational teams and store managers (Direct retails, Wholesales & Travel Retails).KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
FOCUS AREA #1: Regional Visual Merchandising Strategy & Standards
- Elevate, adapt and implement Visual guidelines, including but not limited to window presentations and in-store displays.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in developing strategies to uphold the Visual Merchandising standards.
- Liaison between field organizations and corporate office, communicating successes, opportunities, and needs at the field level; actively coordinate with the Senior Visual Merchandising Manager, Asia Wholesale.
- Demonstrate a strong working relationship with internal corporate teams, store management, and Wholesale partners.
- Emulate the brand aesthetic and embody a strong sense of fashion and an enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Contribute to maintaining all brand and operating standards to support brand consistency.
- Assist in any updates to the Global Visual Standards Manual and support/train accordingly.
- Resolve store-specific merchandising opportunities that require adaptations based on region, market, store architecture, inventory levels, and business trends.
FOCUS AREA #2: Field Focus: Hands-On Visual Support
- Support the planning, executing and follow up of key rollouts and initiatives in Southeast Asia.
- Frequent travel and onsite visits to provide in-the-moment coaching, training and feedback; conduct regular store visits to ensure that Visual Merchandising standards are maintained in accordance with guidelines.
- Photo management/reviews and weekly touch-bases with in-store Visual leads and store management to include submission of weekly recap noting opportunities and successes.
- Ensure that appropriate contacts/partners have seasonal directive and other Visual Merchandising collateral.
- Coordinate all orders and logistical processes to maintain each location's prop fixture package and any Visual elements needed
FOCUS AREA #3: Leadership
- Work on the training of and partnership with Visual Merchandising talent in the field
- Participate in the development of Visual Merchandising educational/ training tools
- Coordinate and conduct Visual training sessions and workshops within the region
- Onboard new hires in order to train them on Visual Merchandising standards and guidelines
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES NOT COVERED IN FOCUS AREAS:
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Special Projects as needed
- Support New Store Openings & Events when required
- Some Retail support/maintenance required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Minimum of 5 years visual merchandising/installation and store operations experience with a luxury goods retailer
- Strong organizational, management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presenting material in an organized and compelling manner
- Demonstrated ability to balance maintenance and installations on a rolling calendar
- Ability to conduct installations outside of standard working and retail boutique hours (i.e. early mornings, evenings and weekends)
- Good communication skills, fluent in Mandarin and English
- Word, PowerPoint and Excel proficiency
- Photoshop & Illustrator proficiency preferred
- Ability to work independently with strong initiative on many different types of projects simultaneously with aggressive timelines
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Disability Accommodation
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .