The Assistant Manager of Diamond Supply manages the fulfillment of serialized and melee diamonds to internal and external customers. This position ensures inventory management and onward supply of diamonds take place with accuracy and efficiency. Key Accountabilities
- Ensure timely delivery of serialized and melee diamonds to customers within established service level agreements.
- Ensure appropriate resources are allocated to achieve targets and communicate any challenges to Management.
- Support staff to troubleshoot transaction errors, coordinate with necessary business partners to resolve such timely.
- Coordinate with Diamond Division counterparts to increase stone availability to achieve demand requirements. Communicate stone availability constraints to customers for released work orders.
- Manage the cycle count program of current inventory and confirm inventory accuracy according to established targets. Maintain documentation in accordance with record retention policy and audit requirements. Report any discrepancies to management immediately.
- Utilize JD Edwards to process inventory adjustment transactions as needed.
- Develop employees through the development, coaching and the Performance Management Process. Maintain a departmental structure appropriate for the changing activities of Diamond Division.
- Training: Ensure process consistency through initiatives for Order Fulfillment Assistants as they relate to diamond supply processes. Develop and maintain process flows, work instructions and additional documentation fluidly.
- Establish, monitor and evolve metrics to monitor employee performance. Maintain records for employee development, performance, and cross-training activities.
- Support continuous improvement initiates through the identification and implementation of process improvements. Identify opportunities to increase employee engagement and execute TiPS initiatives.
- As requested by management, assist with various projects and tasks associated with Diamond Division.
- Adhere to all Diamond Division and Chain of Diamond Custody (CODC) policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4-5 years' experience in Operations Management or Supply Chain Management
- Prior experience managing and developing staff
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience in or leading a team of individuals working towards a common goal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with management
- Comfortable speaking & presenting in front of both management & peers
- Ability to problem solve, identify opportunities for improvement and escalate challenges when needed
- Must be creative, analytical and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills and advanced experience in MS Office
- Six Sigma/Lean Green belt certification (or willing to obtain within first year). Experience working in an environment that practices Six Sigma/Lean concepts
- Experience with JDE Software
- Knowledge of Tiffany business practices
- Experience in Excel with VBA & Macro reports
The hiring range for this position ranges from $75,140.00 - $101,660.00. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.