Manager, Executive Assistant
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 6 Jul 2023
- Human Resources
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Job Overview: The role of Executive Assistant will support the CEO, SVP Human Resources and the VP Strategy and is responsible for providing comprehensive support with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. This position requires the ability to prioritize, anticipate needs, think critically and be solution - oriented in a dynamic environment. This position requires completion of a broad variety of administrative tasks that include, but not limited to managing a very busy calendar/schedule, assisting with special projects, designing, and producing complex documents, reports and presentations, collecting and preparing information for meetings with internal partners and external parties, composing and preparing correspondence, maintaining contact lists, making travel arrangements and completing expense reports.
- Provide efficient and practical daily calendar management for the Leaders. Prioritize multiple inquiries and requests while troubleshooting and diminishing scheduling conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Keep the Leaders well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and required follow ups; anticipate needs in advance of meetings, presentations, conferences, etc.
- Works cross functionally to organize calendars, complex activities, travel, conferences, and other activities.
- Provide gatekeeping role between the Leaders and other partners and their direct reports, etc.
- Demonstrate confidentiality, credibility, and trust.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Leader including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Composes general correspondence, memos, spreadsheets, charts, graphs, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, layout, and accuracy, making appropriate changes when necessary. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Plans, creates, and coordinates visual presentations, disseminates information, coordinates mailings.
- Track HR budget for entire Human Resource pyramid.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing/information storage system for timely retrieval.
- Prepares and submits travel reimbursement forms and submits invoices for payment.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high level staff. Handles confidential, routine, and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Exercises independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommending changes in office practices and procedures.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
High School diploma or equivalent required.
5 years' experience required
- Familiarity with a variety of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation/visual software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage time well, organize and prioritize workload. Flexible, adapting to change quickly and easily.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.
This job description is not all inclusive; additionally, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and Blue Mercury - is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert