- Sydney, New South Wales (AU)
- Closing date
- 27 May 2023
ZIMMERMANN has an exciting career opportunity for an analytical Retail Buyer to oversee our Swim & Resort seasonal collections.
Reporting to the Retail Buying Director, this is a full-time position based at our Head Office in Rosebery, NSW.
About the Role:
The Retail Buyer - Swim & Resort is responsible for buying existing product lines utilising sound analytics combined with innovative ideas to provide strategic growth plans. As new categories and product lines mature, you will use these skills to align with the overall business and design directives.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Range building in consultation with Design across all categories
- OTB management for Swim & Resort collections across international retail profile
- Driving the success of each collection through developing buying strategies in line with business objectives and financial targets
- Collaboration with retail Planning team on OTB and stock management, store allocations and replenishment
- Sales and stock optimisation across all retail locations
- Establish and maintain strong relationships across international retail network
- Partner with cross functioning teams; including Wholesale, PR, Visual Merchandising, Production, Logistics, CRM & Digital
- Presenting Swim & Resort collections to key stakeholders in seasonal sign off process
- Providing timely and key product knowledge to the wider business
- Extensive pricing analysis and research to help structure internal pricing architecture
- International and Domestic store visits to build relationships and maintain regular communication
- Seasonal collection analyses to understand performance and help structure forward buying strategies
- Perform end of season collection analysis to assist forward range building
What you will bring to the role:
- Minimum of 4-5 years of Retail Buying, range building and product development experience
- Experience within a larger retail organisation, ideally luxury and international with a store profile of 50+ stores
- Strong luxury market, product and trend knowledge
- Experience in working directly with an in house design team
- Ability to confidently present to and direct design teams accordingly
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently and autonomously
Why work with us?
- Work with high-end fashion alongside a passionate team
- Bespoke development plans and access to strong mentors and industry leaders
- Ongoing Training & Development opportunities to grow your career within Zimmermann
- Generous Employee Discount
- Opportunity to progress your career within an Australian global luxury brand, including international opportunities
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, please share your application with our hiring team.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Sisters Nicky and Simone Zimmermann founded their namesake label in 1991. They fast won a loyal following - smart, sartorially savvy women with an eye for quality fabrics and clever cutting.
Early in its evolution, Zimmermann took the bold step of fusing fashion with swimwear. Zimmermann’s bold original prints, beautifully made one-pieces and sculptural bikinis create a new point of reference in flattering, sexy and stylish swimwear. Zimmermann present their ready-to-wear collections each year in both Sydney and New York.
In Australia, Zimmermann maintains a collection of stand-alone stores across the country, creating seductive and dynamic retail destinations that reflect the brands modern and optimistic aesthetic. In 2008 Zimmermann also launched its successful online boutique at zimmermannwear.com.
The collections are stocked in stores internationally. Stockists include the iconic Barney’s, Saks 5th Avenue, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Harrods and Harvey Nichols. Zimmermann is also featured on the world’s premier online stores such as Net-A-Porter.
Demand from its growing international clients has seen the opening of Zimmermann stores in the United States. In 2011, Zimmermann opened its first US store on Robertson Boulevard, in Los Angeles. The brand now has five US stores located on Mercer Street in New York City, East Hampton, Americana Manhasset, Robertson Boulevard, and in June 2015, launched its new Los Angeles flagship on Melrose Place.
Zimmermann Headquarters are located in Sydney, while the brand also operates offices and showrooms in New York, Los Angeles and London. Zimmermann has been the recipient of multiple fashion awards, including the Australian Fashion Laureate award, amongst others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert