Mgr, Merchandise Planning (Chico's) - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 28 May 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
This position is responsible for managing the merchandise planning team which includes analyzing current business trend, market feedback, historical data and recommending course corrections and improvements based on these assessments. This position serves as the key liaison with the Merchant of the businesses they support in the development of the plans to achieve agreed upon financial targets. This position coaches and develops a team of Planners.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Oversees the development, analysis, and revision of category plans for sales, margin realization, inventory and profit (tops down and bottoms up) aligning to financial strategies/targets.
- Analyzes historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals.
- Recommends seasonal merchandise flow strategies that maximize sales, profitability and customer expectations.
- Supports and leads cross-functional team in managing opportunities and risks in critical business meetings/milestones.
- Provides analysis related to driving business goals (e.g. hindsights, color-selling, etc.) in weekly business meetings and monthly planning meetings.
- Partners with leaders to develop projected product quantity needs for mills and factories as required on a rolling 12-month basis.
- Drives analytical excellence by managing the development of new reporting and approaches.
- Manages information, opportunity and risk of the business and shares with leader, along with recommendation for solves, if necessary.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, operations, or business strongly preferred
- 7+ years of planning or financial analysis experience in specialty retail - women's apparel strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of merchandise planning, allocation, merchandising/buying or financial management experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers; retail math skills, understanding of forecasting methodology
- Strong communication and presentation skills concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
- Builds collaborative partnerships cross-functionally; identifies/influences critical stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate and influence effectively
- Ability to effectively lead and develop results-oriented team
- Proven track record in managing a business to achieve financial targets
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and dynamic modeling replenishment systems; Planning systems and SAP experience a strong plus
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert